Texas

Hi everyone! I am cross-posting this from the re-homing thread in case any locals here might be interested, hope that is okay. I am in North DFW (Denton County).

I am moving to California for work next month, and this breaks my heart but I have to re-home my 3 sweet hens. It is very important for me to find them a loving home!

A little about the hens: 1 is an Easter Egger around four years old, 1 is a black star around one and a half years old, and 1 is a mixed breed who lays brown eggs, also one and a half years old. The EE hen does still lay, but seems to be slowing down a tiny bit. They are all docile and funny. In the interest of full disclosure, the EE hen has dealt with some bumblefoot issues in the past, but nothing I haven't been able to easily treat. Otherwise, they are all healthy. They love scratch, sunflower seeds, cherry tomatoes, and french fries (lol). I love them all to death and will miss them very much!

I know that since I am re-homing them I am not really in a position to dictate the home that they go to. However, they are primarily pets to me and have been with me since they were tiny fluffballs. It is extremely important to me that they go to a kind home that will treat them the same and that they will never end up in a soup pot.

Please let me know if you are interested and I would love to see pictures of your backyard setup and hear about your flock so that I can picture them in their new home! You can PM me on here if you would like. I can drive to you within a reasonable distance. We are located north of the DFW area in TX.

Hi everyone! I am cross-posting this from the re-homing thread in case any locals here might be interested, hope that is okay. I am in North DFW (Denton County).

I am moving to California for work next month, and this breaks my heart but I have to re-home my 3 sweet hens. It is very important for me to find them a loving home!

A little about the hens: 1 is an Easter Egger around four years old, 1 is a black star around one and a half years old, and 1 is a mixed breed who lays brown eggs, also one and a half years old. The EE hen does still lay, but seems to be slowing down a tiny bit. They are all docile and funny. In the interest of full disclosure, the EE hen has dealt with some bumblefoot issues in the past, but nothing I haven't been able to easily treat. Otherwise, they are all healthy. They love scratch, sunflower seeds, cherry tomatoes, and french fries (lol). I love them all to death and will miss them very much!

I know that since I am re-homing them I am not really in a position to dictate the home that they go to. However, they are primarily pets to me and have been with me since they were tiny fluffballs. It is extremely important to me that they go to a kind home that will treat them the same and that they will never end up in a soup pot.

Please let me know if you are interested and I would love to see pictures of your backyard setup and hear about your flock so that I can picture them in their new home! You can PM me on here if you would like. I can drive to you within a reasonable distance. We are located north of the DFW area in TX.

Yeah, I would feel bad about moving to California too. Let alone loose my hens over it. So, I sympathize on two fronts. Best of luck in your endeavors in California.

So I went to the feed store for some crumble and to order a new feeder. The baby chick and duck delivery arrived while I was shopping for feed. I was chatting with the girl while she was putting them in the brooder. My wife really wanted to have some cool looking green and blue eggs so when she said 10 of the chicks were Ameraucanas i had no choice. $5 pullets aren't the best deal but I had to have them. I asked for 2 dark and two blondes. So of course the deal is 5 for 20. So we now have 5 new baby chicks in the little brooder. Check them out!

16 total now!

So I went to the feed store for some crumble and to order a new feeder. The baby chick and duck delivery arrived while I was shopping for feed. I was chatting with the girl while she was putting them in the brooder. My wife really wanted to have some cool looking green and blue eggs so when she said 10 of the chicks were Ameraucanas i had no choice. $5 pullets aren't the best deal but I had to have them. I asked for 2 dark and two blondes. So of course the deal is 5 for 20. So we now have 5 new baby chicks in the little brooder. Check them out!

16 total now!

I love the poofy cheeks!
Congrats....
did you happen to see where they were from?
Ideal?

Nacogdoches here!
frow.gif
Howdy from Rosenberg! Who is the little cutie on your lap?

(Couldn't resist doing this
wink.png
)

0.jpg

Hello from Livingston, about 1 and half from you from Nacodoches :)

I have been there a couple of times. I like it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom