Texas

Won 1st place and Best in Variety for my Blue Maran hen and 1st place and 1st place and Reserve in Variety for my Blue Copper hen!!! And everyone there was so friendly and helpful, which made the trip even more rewarding. Can't wait for the season to start again.

Congrats!
Do you have anymore of the results from the Beaumont State Fair or a link to them?
I might have seen your birds, we did a quick walk through, man there were a ton of Marans!
I plan to show Light Brahma,Salmon Faverolles,Sicilian Buttercups,and Dominques next year.
I did not see any of those breeds at the show.

Midlothian Texas checking in! I am actually not a chicken owner YET! Got my coop built this weekend and looking now for some chicks. I'm thinking 2 each of Cochins, Orpingtons and Silikes (just for fun).
I've been on this site for several years, lurking and researching coop designs. I'm SO excited to be a chicken mommy soon!

Does anyone in the Lubbock area have reasonably priced geese for sale (babies, grown or anywhere in between)? I'm just wanting a couple for the front yard, nothing fancy. I can't seem to find any and I really don't want to put an ad up on CL. Thanks for any help!

welcome-byc.gif

Midlothian Texas checking in! I am actually not a chicken owner YET! Got my coop built this weekend and looking now for some chicks. I'm thinking 2 each of Cochins, Orpingtons and Silikes (just for fun).
I've been on this site for several years, lurking and researching coop designs. I'm SO excited to be a chicken mommy soon!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! Always nice to see the Texas chicken owner ranks grow a bit more

Hello from Montgomery!

My family and I just got our first five chickens this past weekend. The oldest is probably 12 weeks old? The chicken tractor took the better part of a year to get done because there's been a million other projects associated with moving out here last year from Galveston County. I have enjoyed reading the tips throughout the forum. My husband and I both come from suburban/urban backgrounds, so there's a lot that we are learning.

I work as a nurse, my kids have elementary school and my husband is lucky enough to freelance for a toy company. We've got two dogs of our own and a really lovely neighbor dog to does all the watchdogging and running off of hogs that we could ever hope for. Ultimately, we are looking forward to having goats for pets and clean meat (or else I will stick with my vegetarianism). Now that the tractor is done, I want to get my 9 y.o. interested in teaming up with me to design and build a goat shelter. In fact, I'm about to sit him down and show him more coops and then we'll go over to backyardherder and have a look over there. Thanks for having me.

Back
Top Bottom