Thanksgiving Hatchalong

For our 3 hatching this week: only 1 alive. One pipped wrong side, didn't make it thru the membrane and drown, and the other was DIS, probably about the time I put them in the hatcher. We were questioning that one to see if there was movement before hand. :(

For our 3 hatching this week: only 1 alive. One pipped wrong side, didn't make it thru the membrane and drown, and the other was DIS, probably about the time I put them in the hatcher. We were questioning that one to see if there was movement before hand. :(

:hugs

Hope the special baby who made it is doing well this morning.

Still has some yolk attached but seems a strong chick

How is your chick doing this morning?

Good news! Was it able to hatch on its own or did you have to assist?

I assisted with him, he had piped externally and internal all at once, glad it happened that way I waited 24 hours before I started pulling away the egg, the baby was ready and all was well.its all fluffed up and I can't tell it from any of the other baby's now.

gig.gif
Oh goodness, I am sure that had to be hilarious!

I think I will leave pigeon raising to DH's uncle.

lol.png
Yeah it was pretty hilarious. I had to take the quail and raise him myself until he was old enough to be with the other quails. It's funny now cause all the other quail just walk around doing their quail things but he will chase the pigeons (and sometimes me too) as if they are intruders when they land on "his" ground. He makes the cutest little mad noises too
lau.gif

I assisted with him, he had piped externally and internal all at once, glad it happened that way I waited 24 hours before I started pulling away the egg, the baby was ready and all was well.its all fluffed up and I can't tell it from any of the other baby's now.

Wow that's great! Sounds like you were very patient and helped at exactly the right time!!
:) Very encouraging to hear a good outcome on a chick in distress!

It died last night. :-(. But theirs 6 more hopefully for those. On one note though they seem to be silkie mixes cause of the yellow feet from the one that passed.

No no pips yet I'm on day 19 today of lockdown. So the pip yesterday was a surprise. Guess he pipped way to early.

Back
Top Bottom