Thanksgiving Hatchalong

I love all the updates and pictures from everybody's hatches. I am currently on hatching hiatus until next week, when the olive and blue eggs lock down. It can be agonizing waiting for the actual hatching to begin. So, all the posts help to pass the time.

Well we will see about my batch of eggs due next week. Power has been out since last night 5:30, we had a generator running until about midnight, then it broke down. I had the singleton baby in my cleavage most of the night staying warm. Them my fils friend brought his and fixed ours... 10 hrs without power to the eggs. They got down to 65. We will see if they survive

I am nervous now have an unexpected 3 days not going to be at home and son works all day and we have incoming storms. almost tempted to unplug it and take it with me out to the farm but at the half way point I don't think that would be a good thing, but haven't put the barbaque away yet so at least if something happens can heat water to put in bags for them, only 10 minute drive in from the farm lol. the 28th can't get here fast enough.

I have a question for you more experienced hatchers, I have some very dark barred rock eggs which I have trouble seeing when I candle until hatch time is there a trick to it?

next hatch outta be fun

amerecuana,buff orpington hens by the RIR rooster

and doing more of the white leghorn hen by Barred rock rooster as everyone fell in love with the chick from first hatch and wants to get some of those chicks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom