Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Ideas anyone? last time I waited to long she's almost 12 hours with no progress, chirp seems to be getting weaker. Should I help a little? as there was low humidity for unknown amount of time just before lockdown

If her chirps are getting weaker I'd check to make sure she is not shrink-wrapped, maybe also wet the membrane a tiny bit if it is dry

I'd get the tweezers out and peel the shell away from the white membrane and finish a zip around pattern. If the membrane is sticking on its beak, peel it back. I'll set the chick on a damp paper towel. If it's ready to hatch the shell comes off real easy where the air cell is.

They are very cute! I'm not an expert on cream legbar sexing, but it looks like maybe 3 boys 1 girl to me, hopefully I'm wrong!

ya.gif
D.gif
Yiiipeeee!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So eggcited and blessed!!! 4/5 hatched so far and the 4th is the smashed olive egg chick!!!! The first three hatched on their own and the smashed egg was assisted. The chicks were very sticky and in need of a post hatching bath, but are back in the "fixed" hatcher drying off and fluffing out. Yay!!!! They survived the chaos and hatched!! I will keep a close watch over them the next couple weeks for any signs of health issues caused by the pre-hatching trauma. But, they are here now! WooHoo!!

So eggcited, too. I've got three polish chicks hatched, one more unzipping. One of my Brahma chick had only one eye open, luckily it was just inner membrane stuck like glue. Gave it warm dabs! I saw it open.

wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

My singleton Araucana hatched tonight while I was at work. It pipped this morning around 9am, and busted outta that shell by 6:50 pm. My husband gave up on this chick (day 22), we had the power outage when it was day 7-10, but it survived! Fuzzybutt now has a sibling!

Back
Top Bottom