Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Just finishing up my October hatch a long. I still have 3 eggs in the box, I'm holding out on them til tonight when it will be officially 24 hours past hatch day. I wasn't going to hatch again until spring but I got some welsummer eggs from a local farmer for this past hatch and only got hens so no breeding possibilities since I don't have a roo to go with them. She has offered to start collecting today for me so I'll be setting again in 10 days!

Awesome sauce

I got my little mini loaded and running a few minutes ago! These are 8 shipped eggs that arrived yesterday and I am pretty disappointed in the light color of the eggs for Marans but on the plus side they are easier to candle. I wanted to set them last night, but 3 of my 4 children were diagnosed with the flu yesterday :-( and on top of that, it was my oldest son's birthday so- the eggs had to wait until today!

I'm so excited to join in, I just received my first batch of shipped eggs today so they'll go in the bator tomorrow!! I "won" 10 Silkie eggs and got 12, 4 have detached air cells, I've got all 12 upright right now, and I'll keep them in the cartons until lockdown! I hope someone hatches lol

Put my eggs in today. 41 in all. I had 7 extra that wouldn'the fit but I have 2 broody hens that I split them between. It should be fun comparing the incubated eggs with the broody hens. Neither hen has hatched out eggs before so hopefully they don't quit early.

Joining in the fun. My October hatch was a bust- experimenting with x-10, computer controlled incubator and my thermal probe jumped by 0.9 degrees every time it read the temperature.
Solution: switched the darn thing with the temperature probe that runs my iguana enclosure that is more precise, since Mushu the iggy doesn't care if the temperature fluctuates +-4 degrees like the eggs do.

Set 23 fertile eggs from Trader Joe's (got 11/12 to start last time I tried that, but humidity problems did them in before hatch). I will be adding some quail eggs in a few days when they arrive.
Hopefully, I will have fuzzy chicks/quails to play with on Nov 22.

I hope that I've gotten all the problems worked out this time around-steady temps and good humidity for hatching. Wish me luck!

Joining in the fun.  My October hatch was a bust- experimenting with x-10, computer controlled incubator and my thermal probe jumped by 0.9 degrees every time it read the temperature. 
Solution:  switched the darn thing with the temperature probe that runs my iguana enclosure that is more precise, since Mushu the iggy doesn't care if the temperature fluctuates +-4 degrees like the eggs do.

Set 23 fertile eggs from Trader Joe's (got 11/12 to start last time I tried that, but humidity problems did them in before hatch).  I will be adding some quail eggs in a few days when they arrive. 
Hopefully, I will have fuzzy chicks/quails to play with on Nov 22.

I hope that I've gotten all the problems worked out this time around-steady temps and good humidity for hatching.  Wish me luck!

Good luck :) Hope it goes well :)

Back
Top Bottom