Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Baby #1 has finally arrived

I put my small led flashlight in a tall empty shot glass then put a empty toilet paper roll over them both and put the egg on that. Then took the pictures with my iPhone. What you don't see is the 20 blurry pictures I deleted off my phone. :)

Lol. Glad you managed to get a few good pics. I like your idea to keep the eggs steady. I may try that today since it's my candling day! I'll be using my iPhone too so If I manage to get any non blurry ones I'll post them :)

WOW!! All the cute chicks hatching! Such fun!

I did a preliminary candling and saw movement in 9/10 chicken eggs. (The 10th might have been sleeping so I left it in since development seemed equal with the rest). As for the quail eggs there were 7 clear eggs that were tossed. (They are too small to see much so I just look for clear or not.)

The quail are locking down Wednesday! The chicken eggs are locking down Friday!

As for those beautiful olive eggs... well, three olive along with three blue and one white were set for a "Black Friday" hatch. (Super excited side note... I discovered who is laying the olive eggs. It is a hen that I thought was a rooster. lol
gig.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom