The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m about to make a post I hate.... cause I have zero reference. I did a quick search on the main thread and can’t find it but I feel like it’s in a spot somewhere about shipped eggs.

Anyway, I read in one of Sally’s posts not to use pulp paper cartons in an incubator, but don’t remember why. :oops:

Interesting. I'm going to go look in there when I have some time later and read some about it. Thank you very much for the info!

I’m about to make a post I hate.... cause I have zero reference. I did a quick search on the main thread and can’t find it but I feel like it’s in a spot somewhere about shipped eggs.

Anyway, I read in one of Sally’s posts not to use pulp paper cartons in an incubator, but don’t remember why. :oops:
If the humidity tanks are too full, the paper will get wet and chill the eggs.

Be careful filling the tanks and all will be well with the hatch!

Wisher Lockdown.jpg

My little Crele hen, Cloe is due today! :celebrateShe hatched out one already. 3 eggs were not fertile, so she only has 4. Haven't checked to see if anymore have hatched. She lets me look and take the empty shells out. All my hens do.:love
Broody escaping-chick-.gif
I hope they Hatch for her!

I had to take my BCM cockerel and 3 younger boys to auction. An unhappy neighbor (she is unhappy in general, and stirs up trouble for the rest of us even though I have never met her) started asking around about "who has the rooster? He's waking me up in the mornings." There are 3 neighbors in between her and I, and the neighbor right next to me has said that they didn't hear the boys unless they were already awake. :rolleyes:
I prefer to avoid drama, so I took all of the boys to auction the very next day (March 23rd). Fortunately, many of the eggs I collected from then until the EHAL set date were still fertile.
Good news is, now I know where the auction is and how simple it was (we took the boys, transferred them to auction cages, and left, I received a check in the mail 5 days later, in the self-addressed, stamped envelope I gave them to use). So any boys that hatch on Easter will be going to auction ASAP upon identifying them.

Maybe she sleeps in really late lol but she sounds like a pain and sorry you had to get rid of your Roos :/

But hopefully they found homes.

Maybe she sleeps in really late lol but she sounds like a pain and sorry you had to get rid of your Roos :/

But hopefully they found homes.
Yes, my neighbors told me that everyone used to get along fine until that woman's got ill and passed away. Since then, (years), she calls code enforcement all of the time. The officers are tired of coming to our loop.
I don't mind doing without a roo, as long as she leaves me alone now, lol.

Yes, my neighbors told me that everyone used to get along fine until that woman's got ill and passed away. Since then, (years), she calls code enforcement all of the time. The officers are tired of coming to our loop.
I don't mind doing without a roo, as long as she leaves me alone now, lol.

Dang that sucks! Maybe she’s got a bit of dementia or something? How old is she? And hopefully she does!!!

Ugh! Blockhead moment here. I set 24 eggs on 3/25 which was a Monday. For some reason I thought I set them on that prior Sunday so I put them into lockdown this morning. :he . I weighed them and checked air cells. Everything looks like its on target for hatching. I've even seen a few rockin' and a rollin'. Is an extra day of lockdown a bad thing? Kicking myself for not checking my notes. :barnie

On another note, I'm still undecided on my broody. I guess it depends a bit on how the incubator hatch goes. :confused: . I'd like to candle her eggs again to double check fertility, but she's grumpy.

Wish me luck.

Just hatched a duckling and two more turkey poults in the last two days :)

The Calls I set for the HAL are doing good, three of the six eggs weren't fertile, but the other three are still coming along.

I also set a bunch of goose eggs and some silky duck eggs, and those are doing good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom