The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hatched a duckling and two more turkey poults in the last two days :)

The Calls I set for the HAL are doing good, three of the six eggs weren't fertile, but the other three are still coming along.

I also set a bunch of goose eggs and some silky duck eggs, and those are doing good too.
Silky Duck eggs? What do the ducks look like? Anything like silkie chickens?

Dang that sucks! Maybe she’s got a bit of dementia or something? How old is she? And hopefully she does!!!
I have never even spoken to her. I moved in 2.5 years ago. I think she is in her 70s. Her cousin lives across the street from her and she doesn't speak to him any more, but she called code enforcement on him for building new kitchen cabinets on his carport (not for a living, but to replace the old ones in his home). She also reported at least 2 others on our street for minor issues.
I don't know if she is just lonely and bitter, but her daughter is nice. She lives there, too, and doesn't like it when her mother stirs up trouble for others. I just try to mind my own business and pray for her to find peace and joy. The only thing I have "done" to her is put up a privacy fence on one side of my house. She apparently doesn't trust people who are hiding behind privacy fences. :idunno

Ugh! Blockhead moment here. I set 24 eggs on 3/25 which was a Monday. For some reason I thought I set them on that prior Sunday so I put them into lockdown this morning. :he . I weighed them and checked air cells. Everything looks like its on target for hatching. I've even seen a few rockin' and a rollin'. Is an extra day of lockdown a bad thing? Kicking myself for not checking my notes. :barnie

On another note, I'm still undecided on my broody. I guess it depends a bit on how the incubator hatch goes. :confused: . I'd like to candle her eggs again to double check fertility, but she's grumpy.

Wish me luck.
They will be fine! You can stop turning around day 14 and they will be fine. It can be extra work keeping humidity up-- you will likely want to add more water on day 18 or 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom