The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I might be able to do some eggs...
Sign me up, if i cant hatch i will definitely let you know!

Where on earth have you been?! PM me your address, woman!
You should probably get in contact with DNR and ask them. Cots are domestic quail, after all, and they may not count.
:hugs No, hon. They cannot count. They are bird brains, and don’t have the ability. :hugs You poor thing.
Okay, all this talk about quail. How hard are they to keep? How long do they lay? Do they lay through winter? How is something so small worth butchering? What kind of housing? How big are predator issues with them? We have TONS of critters from possums and skunks, bobcats and foxes, to cougars and bears.

I do love those purdy eggs they lay.
Easy to keep, funnier than chickens, eat about an ounce a day, and it’s better to have tiny eggs in 2 months, than no eggs for six months.
Open eggs with a cigar cutter, or special scissors from Amazon.
I'm going to be gone for a bit. My Internet is down and I don't know when it'll be back up. I'll post when it's back. I'm not dropping out, just absent for a bit.
Heed the warning, people!! She has not collected the unicorn eggs!

I’ll join in again this year. It was a lot of fun last year. This year I’d love to set duck eggs since I finally have drakes. But that all depends on if the ducks start laying by then. If they don’t, I’ll set chicken eggs.

I’ve already started incubating for the year. Just couldn’t wait. My first batch is due to hatch tomorrow but some have already hatched. Batch two is one week in. Here’s a couple that hatched today, to help get everyone even more excited. :lol:
D011D85D-DD7D-4DA8-ACC1-4F11839CF11C.jpeg
771FCB4A-6884-4BCA-A231-14494D656450.jpeg

Someone should stop me lol I just bought more eggs and they are such neat possible breeds :eek:
Ayam Cemani, Mosaics, Copper Marans, Blue Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Swedish Flower Hens (5 or more of these guaranteed), White Bresse, Barbezieux, Legbars, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Brakels, Silver laced Orpingtons, Altsteirers, Silver Campine, Isbars and I'm looking at getting more Breese as well I'm so very baaaad

Someone should stop me lol I just bought more eggs and they are such neat possible breeds :eek:
Ayam Cemani, Mosaics, Copper Marans, Blue Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Swedish Flower Hens (5 or more of these guaranteed), White Bresse, Barbezieux, Legbars, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Brakels, Silver laced Orpingtons, Altsteirers, Silver Campine, Isbars and I'm looking at getting more Breese as well I'm so very baaaad

Wow you bought A LOT of eggs!! Lol :eek::th

It was a rare breeds auction. So Ended up with 5+ of SFH eggs, 5+ of the hen choice between Ayam Cemani, Mosaics, Copper Marans, Blue Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Swedish Flower Hens, White Bresse, Barbezieux, Legbars, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Brakels, Silver laced Orpingtons, Altsteirers, Silver Campine, Isbars - and then 10+ of White Breese.
I'm not even familiar with some of these breeds. I believe Mosiacs are Gold Feathers Farm exclusive breed if I remember correctly.

It's too early to set for the HAL so I'm just going to keep doing the easter egg hunt between now and when it is time to set then I'll set whatever I have, even if they were swimmers. You never know.
Yes!

When the time comes for the hatch a long,

Set all the eggs!.jpg

I’ll join in again this year. It was a lot of fun last year. This year I’d love to set duck eggs since I finally have drakes. But that all depends on if the ducks start laying by then. If they don’t, I’ll set chicken eggs.

I’ve already started incubating for the year. Just couldn’t wait. My first batch is due to hatch tomorrow but some have already hatched. Batch two is one week in. Here’s a couple that hatched today, to help get everyone even more excited. :lol:
View attachment 1683589 View attachment 1683590
Welcome back.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom