The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing; I’ll keep a close eye on it. I have heard of other people needing to replace the turner. I have the bantam eggs in now and they do seem to be moving when the turner goes, perhaps just not as uniformly. Do you know how often the turner is supposed to come on?

Yup, it works just fine, now. The eggs roll a little further, but not enough to make a big difference.
That said, I had an issue with my first Nurture Right. The turner worked fine through the first hatching, but quit on the second. At first, it confused me, because the eggs didn't look like they'd moved, but when I manually tested the turner, it moved perfectly. Then I happened to be standing beside it when the auto-turner wen on. The motor whirred, the gears made their ratchety noise, but the turner stayed put. Another manual test (immediately) produced the desired result, so we turned them that way for the rest of the hatch, but it was too late. We lost them all. What a heartbreak!
With that in mind, we are monitoring the new 'bator closely. So far, so good!

My eggs are in! Now for the waiting. Can’t wait to try the candler in my new bator!
705C857C-05AD-4066-A791-450A1545462A.jpeg

My eggs have arrived! Setting 41 eggs in total. Lavender orpingtons, chocolate/mauve orpingtons, chocolate cuckoo orpingtons, frizzle tolbunt Polish, bantam calico cochins, wheaton ameraucana, showgirl/stripper, silver double laced barnevelders, and blue laced red wyandotte. View attachment 1719409
Just in case you don't know, don't breed frizzle to frizzle.

Got home from a 9 day trip last night. Had not planned on being able to join in the hatchalong because being unable to ready the incubator, etc.. This morning my blue olive egger was puffy and letting everyone know to keep their distance. This evening at lock-up she was tight on a nest.
:yesss:
She now has 6 eggs from my black Ameraucana that were laid in a nest not collected while I was gone (DH didn't know the Am laid in a different place).
Sooo, I'm in :wee

:woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom