The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to snooze last night after a long day of work with 2 pipping, this morning woke up to 8 chicks were out and incubator were really foggy so couldn’t take pics. Now last 2 eggs are pipping, hopefully be out by tomorrow. Six eggs from Mini nothing yet.

UPDATE: Brinsea Mini II EX, check this morning 1 of the Marans started pipping :) (day 20)

Last edited:
I'm surprised....due date was to be Easter Sunday!
The GQF must be running .5 degree higher at the top of the cabinet. the hatching tray goes down at the bottom and when I went to rotate the trays manually, This is what I found!!!!
garden and chicks Easter 2019 025.JPG garden and chicks Easter 2019 026.JPG
Both pictures are of the same hatching tray...just a different angle.
A quick head count may be 15 out already!
There were 15 eggs in the front section and 13 each in the the other three sections.

This means the duck eggs will go into lock down at least a day earlier than planned. Those eggs are on the tray below the one where these eggs were incubating.

Congrats on all the chicks !

I went and checked on the egg that has been zipping then stopped (one that I candled so I left it when I saw the big veins ) . It looked like it had started shrink wrapping around the front where it had zipped so I opened it up to put Vaseline on the membrane . It still has some veins but not as big as before . I think I should leave it overnight?

Not sure why this one had started zipping before the veins were gone. Looks to be in the right position right?

937D5C72-3CE7-4856-A16A-647AA24DE64E.jpeg

X2 ask her to grab you some!! That is a great deal and well worth it. They will probably be gone by Sunday so I say ask her to get you some!!
I just talked to her, I'm going to call in the morning and see if they still have some, if they do she's getting them for me, she will put them in her brooder til Sunday. I love me some Leghorns, its really hard to find silver Leghorns here and at $1.50 I can't pass that up.

I just talked to her, I'm going to call in the morning and see if they still have some, if they do she's getting them for me, she will put them in her brooder til Sunday. I love me some Leghorns, its really hard to find silver Leghorns here and at $1.50 I can't pass that up.

That is awesome!! I hope they still have some!! :fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom