The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often air is very toxic in out house.

Aint that the truth
lau.gif

I have to go for a while, I will stop annoying ha ha ha

I have a coolerbator with a bunch of chicks fluffing up, I am neglecting beautiful baby chickies!
This morning I had two CCL out and almost all the CCL pipped, so time to see where we are at and what breed is next to start pipping!!

I have ducks everywhere in mine... a few weeks ago there were turkey poults hatching out like popcorn.. now I have too many turkeys.. lol

Stale air that has less oxygen in it. Closed doors and places where the vents in the bottom pull in the air. As fresh as possible.

Often air is very toxic in our houses. Gas stoves and ovens can make the air in the house so high that a City would have to send a plan to the Government with clean up strategies. The fumes from gas stoves is particularly bad for birds. People have had their canaries die from it too.
Especially my house - hubby, 3 teenage sons - Mexican supper nights can be extremely toxic!!
sickbyc.gif
(sorry couldn't resist
gig.gif
)

I love seeing your photos!
Thanks! I love posting them
big_smile.png

Speaking of photos, could someone please tell me what's up with this baby's belly button? Is that unabsorbed yolk hanging from it? It's also reddish (like blood) right at the skin...like a "growth" that reminds me of someone who has a navel hernia. I hope the pictures help better describe what I see.

She JUST popped out...after over 3 hours of zipping. She's a Mille Fleur. (and no, I don't know for sure if it's a she...ALL my chicks that hatch are "she" until proven otherwise!!!)

Thanks! I love posting them
big_smile.png

Speaking of photos, could someone please tell me what's up with this baby's belly button? Is that unabsorbed yolk hanging from it? It's also reddish (like blood) right at the skin...like a "growth" that reminds me of someone who has a navel hernia. I hope the pictures help better describe what I see.

She JUST popped out...after over 3 hours of zipping. She's a Mille Fleur. (and no, I don't know for sure if it's a she...ALL my chicks that hatch are "she" until proven otherwise!!!)

Adorable chick and I love Mille Fleur! Watch the area well. It's an umbilical cord to the naval area. It could bleed. I had one hatch like that and it bled out while I was at work and unfortunately died. Mine also seemed to have trouble drying off- I'm not sure if that was related to the issue or not.
Good luck, hope she does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom