The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting nothing done. At all. I just keep checking on the eggs. The wait is MUCH harder than I thought it would be. Ahhhhh

I am starting to get jealous I looked in mine didn't find any pips just an oozing bad egg
barnie.gif
One of my FBCM I don't know what is going on because they are so dark my kids keep asking me if they can eat the chocolate. I could make out air cells but other than that it is a mystery still have 7 of those going late tonight starts day 21 for them hoping for 3 chicks (shipped eggs)..the others are due sat. then in a few more days turkeys and duck, dorkings..and i do mean duck only 1 out of 6 is still going..

Holy batch hatch at once! I had two and now they are at each end of the bator!I had to grab out all the shells fast, two shells encased other unhatched eggs! ughhhhh too many in there I guess, they do have some room now, but the chicks are allllll over them eggs! ha ha just hanging,

NOTE to self: practice what you teach and get the brooder ready at lockdown!
hide.gif

I am so thrilled that the cabinet coolerbator is doing its job!! I can fill some orders!!! GO chickies!!
CCL are hatching like mad, some of the WFBS, and some CClxBR are pipped and hatching, why are brahma always last? <tapping foot>

Good news. My hatch wasn't a complete failure, I have one chick out (An Australorp) and another one has started to hatch. No sign of movement in the Faverolle eggs though.
fl.gif
The Faverolles are the ones I really, really, want to hatch.

pop.gif

Congrats! I complete failure is such a concern here too. What a relief for you! I bet that gives your Faverolle eggs a bit better chances!

Just got home, and did a candle on the eggs after last night's accidental incubator unplugged disaster. I'm pretty sure I saw movement in al the eggs, even the one I had marked as a late quitter! I even had a couple of internal pips! There's a little chirping and rocking going on. So I'm excited, but it is now officially into day 21 for me. I would love to see a pip! I think several hours in the cold may have delayed my hatch.

Sitting on my hands with my nose against the plexiglass...

So pretty sure I am close to the 200 mark on hatched chicks this morning very glad that a large portion will be leaving in the morning for the gentleman. I hatched them out for. He had me hatch out 23 dozen which was a total of 276 eggs there was about 4 dozen that were clear or early quitters and I think I may end up with a couple more dozen that just don't hatch for what ever reason they were all due today but started hatching on Tues. two of the hatchers were really busy and the third hatcher just started popping them out. I will try to get some pictures of babies tonight.

Wow... that's a lot of eggs and babies.

I'm glad you all are having such great hatches. Mine will go on lockdown tomorrow (assuming my DH makes the new hatcher tonight.) But I want to see pics of all these babies I'm laying in bed with some kind of good poisoning. I spent all yesterday vomiting and then have been fighting a fever all day today. It broke for a while but is now going back up.

Holy batch hatch at once! I had two and now they are at each end of the bator!I had to grab out all the shells fast, two shells encased other unhatched eggs! ughhhhh too many in there I guess, they do have some room now, but the chicks are allllll over them eggs! ha ha just hanging, NOTE to self: practice what you teach and get the brooder ready at lockdown! :oops: I am so thrilled that the cabinet coolerbator is doing its job!! I can fill some orders!!! GO chickies!! CCL are hatching like mad, some of the WFBS, and some CClxBR are pipped and hatching, why are brahma always last?
Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom