The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy batch hatch at once! I had two and now they are at each end of the bator!I had to grab out all the shells fast, two shells encased other unhatched eggs! ughhhhh too many in there I guess, they do have some room now, but the chicks are allllll over them eggs! ha ha just hanging,

NOTE to self: practice what you teach and get the brooder ready at lockdown!
hide.gif

I am so thrilled that the cabinet coolerbator is doing its job!! I can fill some orders!!! GO chickies!!
CCL are hatching like mad, some of the WFBS, and some CClxBR are pipped and hatching, why are brahma always last? <tapping foot>

That's great that you have so many chicks and that your coolerbator is working wonderfully for you.

Im working on my coolerbator as we speak. Let me say you make it look A LOT easier than Im finding it to be lol. I feel a little overwhelmed
hide.gif

So pretty sure I am close to the 200 mark on hatched chicks this morning very glad that a large portion will be leaving in the morning for the gentleman. I hatched them out for. He had me hatch out 23 dozen which was a total of 276 eggs there was about 4 dozen that were clear or early quitters and I think I may end up with a couple more dozen that just don't hatch for what ever reason they were all due today but started hatching on Tues. two of the hatchers were really busy and the third hatcher just started popping them out. I will try to get some pictures of babies tonight.
You get the fun of hatching them and not the cost of raising them! A win win!

Hey guys,
I had a broody silkie and she hatched me out 4 little ones earlier this week. All are at least half Standard silkie, and i have 2 that are just a barnyard cross--I'm not sure who's eggs they were! Here are some pix of the little fuzzbutts!!!! Arent they just adorable?!

Adorable, congrats!

I am getting nothing done. At all. I just keep checking on the eggs. The wait is MUCH harder than I thought it would be. Ahhhhh
You are this >< close.

Just a random question here....anyone know where i can find Nankin hatching eggs?... Im on the hunt!
No idea, but I love Nankin's. Maybe PM Walt (fowlman01)? He's a poultry judge and travels to various poultry shows. He would know who you could get some good ones from.

My neighbor loves our guineas, but he's an old farmer. He's also really really old, so I think his hearing is going. Guineas are really neat if you can't hear them.
Guineas the fowl of the deaf!
Absolutely! They suffocate if the humidity is too high and Ventilation is low. They do need ventilation now and no dead air in the room where they are hatching. :thumbsup
Well not in an outhouse but I wonder if a shot of bottled o2 (not bottled air.. there is not actually air in that) would help the incubators and hatchers? Yay for pips and zips and peeps! My silkies have nothing right now I hope they just run cool I didnt candle their eggs...

I have 13 chicks out now, and several pipped eggs.
Note to self: Be careful hatching olive eggers in with my barnevelders.

Barnevelders:

Multiple generation Olive egger. She will be blue - mom is splash. In Barnevelders, blue doesn't show up until the wing feathers come in. Thank goodness for fluffy cheeks and a pea comb! My last ones were solid - makes me wonder if this one will have some lacing.

Last edited:
You get the fun of hatching them and not the cost of raising them! A win win!

Adorable, congrats!

You are this >< close.

No idea, but I love Nankin's. Maybe PM Walt (fowlman01)? He's a poultry judge and travels to various poultry shows. He would know who you could get some good ones from.
you are awesome thank you!!! ive been searching everywhere. I was going to get D'Uccles for my bantam pen but I really love the Nankins and they are on the Critical list so I might as well help a breed out in the process.

Guineas the fowl of the deaf!
Well not in an outhouse but I wonder if a shot of bottled o2 (not bottled air.. there is not actually air in that) would help the incubators and hatchers?

Yay for pips and zips and peeps!

My silkies have nothing right now I hope they just run cool I didnt candle their eggs...
I guess I fall into the deaf sector LOL - I have no problem with the noice of my Guineas. I will take natural sounds versus 3am Kareoke along our beach any time.

Bottled O2 running into a bator at a very low rate would be interesting. You would you want the percentage too high. I need to research the lierature but around 25-28% O2 would probably be perfect - just for the last few days.- so many ideas - so few hours to experiment.

Bottle O2 is not cheap and has inherent dangers. I would prefer a concentrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom