The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I have a chick that keeps sleeping, its 2 weeks old and it is not eating or drinking and sits in the corner. I just got him from tsc. They had 2 week old bantams and i felt pity for him. So I got him and wondering what to do? He was in a jam packed bin.

You've gotten good advice about Sav-a-chick, wanted to add that sometimes they need to be re-shown the water by dipping their beak into it. Also, check the legs, if they seem to be spraddled. I had one like that in this batch and he acted that way, I used the band aid to keep his legs properly under him so he could get around to drink and eat.
Good luck!

You've gotten good advice about Sav-a-chick, wanted to add that sometimes they need to be re-shown the water by dipping their beak into it. Also, check the legs, if they seem to be spraddled. I had one like that in this batch and he acted that way, I used the band aid to keep his legs properly under him so he could get around to drink and eat.
Good luck!
I didnt even think about spraddle legs. Never had to deal with that one myself. I know Sally Sunshine (i think it was her) posted an electrolyte recipe on the thread on Easter night, maybe the day before. It worked amazingly to perk my chick up.

Just wanted to share this because my big butt RIR moving at "warp speed", almost plowing into my legs after these things was HILARIOUS!!!

So I had a bit of a bug problem when I moved some logs out of the new coop area to build the runs..... so I set a chicken loose on them... she found more than worms, grubs, and bugs.... SHE ATE 3 SALAMANDERS!!!!

I also need to keep an eye on her crop to make sure it empties right because it was stuffed when I finally was able to pull her out of the salamander nest.
But on the upside, she got AMAZING protein intake today!

Good luck!
His Legs are fine. He just sleeps allot.

OK. so, i wanted to add some chicks to marshies chicks once they hatch. Now im thinking only two of her eggs will hatch, so i wanted to add some other chicks feom my breeder.

Heres the thing. My chicks are due to hatch on the 29th of april. My breeder has The BAs i want hatching on the 7th of may, and they wont go on sale until the 9th.

This means any chicks of mine that hatch will be approx. 7 days older than the BAs i want. Is this too old to add day old chicks with week old chicks? Ive done it before but i havent added chicks this far apart for a broody.

I didn't get a chance to post a couple of things before Easter so I thought I would add them now. For you Dr. Who fans I give you the DalEgg: "Eggsterminate!"

And this is what happens when Easter Eggs hatch:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom