The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, some will be barred. I have a roo & a hen both carrying barring, but all seem to get the headspot & hen coloring. So far, I've had to watch combs to tell male from female because all are single barred. Not sure why???
I have about 7 spare roos if you need a couple. I'm on the verge of sending them to freezer camp with the broilers.
Yay!
Turkey poults do NOT swim well. Much better to use chicks or keets as tutors.
Go chickies!
That's my babies!
I hope you got a couple blue chicks in the mix!

I only got one blue! A lot of blacks, the first one I talked about with the dot on the head, and came from a green egg..has feathered legs. No feathering on any others. The white baby is so very calm compared to some of the others..and then..there's this white one.
th.gif
It better be a girl. I can't tell you how much puff is on her face! I have three others that are mostly white. One has a brown spot on head, and a faint chipmunk marking on it's back, one has a pretty smoky coloring on it's back, and one is all white. There is a chipmunk one..that reg. look. And two other that look as though they would be the wyondotte mix. Will get photos..have to catch some pullets outside for someone. :)

That's wonderful!

Is that 15 from the eggs that were lost in the mail, or 15 total for the hatch a long? Thank you.

Oh, I meant to let you know! Since you are still getting numbers in..at least you hope you are right?

These are NOT from the Hatch A Long. Yes, they were the lost ones that were supposed to be for the hatch a long. :) Man, I would have had some good number for you..these hatched almost..50%!

[COLOR=800080]Our girls are mousers. They don't have a chance when they are spotted. Catching one is the easy part....playing keep away can become a real rukus.[/COLOR]
Oh yes, they love reptiles. And voles/moles. Mine happen to love snakes. Speaking of snakes...haven't seen one in a while...;)
This is the first time I've seen them eat anything like that lol. I only had one out because we were super close to the neighbors house and she had her dogs out so she didn't have to play keep away with these ones. Although that would have been hilarious.

Oh yes, they love reptiles. And voles/moles. Mine happen to love snakes. Speaking of snakes...haven't seen one in a while...
wink.png

Mine saved me from a snake the other day! I was walking up my drive way and I hear a his and I felt something bite me! I screamed and my fattest Hen comes running over grabs the snake and goes to town with it! Once it died, she looked up at me. I was like....
ep.gif

So I was in so much shocked the other day, I got myself sick... :th
I don't know how. I triied not to cry I tried to take it like a pro but I guess I didnt do good... I have an ulcer in my stomach now. Can't eat for the life of me.

You definitely took it like a pro. :hugs

Were you able to locate the coyote that got your birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom