The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lives_niger15.jpg

Good night!

The first 2 pictures are of a "regular" GLW chicks wings. (laying flat and straight down her back)

These 3 last pictures are "Hawk's" (another GLW chick) wings. (curled at the ends and lay curled in toward her body)

Question is: Why are "Hawk's" wings so curved down like that? She is also A LOT fuller than all the others, probably because of the curved feathers?

EDIT: Please ignore the messy room, my DH thinks its a good idea to leave his work clothes at the end of the bed instead of the hamper.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have my two main roosters: Dobby (a 7 month old WLH/RSL mix) and Cricket (7 month old araucana bantam who I'm trying to rehome). My 5 big girls: Dora (2 yr old WLH), Henny Boo Boo (1 yr old BO) and my 3 RSL, Ruby, Rosy and Paprika. Paprika is my favorite out of all my flock...and she knows it, too. 3 six month olds who just started laying: Anna and Elsa (BO) and Chunk (BO x RSL). 6 babies I got from TSC in Feb: 2 BR (both pullets) and 4 black 'lorps (2 boys and 2 girls) 23 Easter HAL babies, all mixes from my flock. Most from my 2 old roosters who recently went to freezer camp (BO and WLH). Sooooooo 39. Some of these will be going to freezer camp this fall. I'm trying to breed for the sweetest, most docile flock since my helper is only 5 and as chicken crazed as her mamaw. Edited because I can't spell.

Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I was scrolling the post and when I came to this, I DIDN't believe my EYES!!!! I AM JUST SOOOO HAPPY I WON SOMETHING lol. THIS JUST MADE MY DAY.... AS WELL MY MONTH... Or year!!! Now here is a really funny question.... What is a GFM? I feel so stupid asking, but, I got to know.

YAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYA FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: This is from the GFM membership page:

"Here are a few of the initial upgrades you’ll get as a Gold Feather Member:
1. Double PM storage space
2. 10 Times more image storage space on BYC’s servers
3. A new title: Golden Feather Member
4. or The ability to choose your own custom title
5. Your username highlighted on the BYC Forum index and within forum threads.
6. First peek at new features and specials before we roll them out to the rest of the members.
7. Access to a private forum to discuss new features and specials.
For a list of all the upgrades, please visit the Membership Benefits Page"

Don't forget the biggest perk....You get to turn off the pop up ads! That was the first thing I did when I got mine, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom