The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the parent birds of the Bantams I set this morning. They are pet quality I know but I am hoping to work on my first project...silkied D'Uccle just for fun

Here is the egg pic before I gave them to

Petunia... a Dorking over Polish cross I hatched last spring from an egg purchased from @bethbug74

These are the eggs I collected from my CA Grey and Dorking girls. Rooster is most likely a New Hampshire but probably my Delaware too

Visualize another egg in the middle. It was still in the chicken for the pic. Set it right after she finished laying it

This is the broody that is hatching the LF eggs for me. She is a total mutt and totally grumpy.

This is not my TOTAL post. I did that earlier.

Last edited:
I am a thousand posts behind and can't catch up but I set fifty two eggs on Saturday at twelve midday Philippine standard time.

My Guinness started laying today so they missed the boat but I will have quail eggs by mid week to set.

yippiechickie.gif

I would hope that purposefully damaging a box because it has a fragile sticker is really not common, but you're right, I have heard others say that before. I would think neglect is more often the culprit, but how sad if there are really people out there who would do that! Still, I would think that if you were trying to make a claim, having a dented and smashed box with a sticker would be a stronger case than if there wasn't a sticker. I mean, if the original shipper took that precaution I imagine that it could be agreed unacceptable for a box to be delivered looking like it was drop kicked! I don't know, maybe I'm just naive. I have never purchased or shipped eggs before so I don't have any experience in the shipping process, but my uncle worked for the post office for years and years before he retired and he always told us to put a handle with care or fragile sticker on because that gives you more of a leg to stand on if something does happen. Lets hope these eggs come out just fine!
Ok...I have never shipped or received shipped eggs in the mail, but my family gets lots of packages and I have never received a package that damaged. There is NO excuse for a package to look like that.... Marked fragile or not. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Very disappointing
1f615.png

Ok...I have never shipped or received shipped eggs in the mail, but my family gets lots of packages and I have never received a package that damaged. There is NO excuse for a package to look like that.... Marked fragile or not. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Very disappointing
1f615.png

Exactly why we do not mark them as fragile embryos.

There seem to be some that target packages like that.

Fragile may be ok but I will not write Embryos on the package.

I have a question about hatching duck eggs along with chicken. I know it can be done but I dry hatch my chickens and I thought I read someone saying you have to have higher humidity for ducks. I need the low down as my daughter wants me to set some duck eggs.
Thanks!

Well, how was the show?
It was great ! Probably over 1,200 dogs there. There were 4 different venues taking place at the same time : Obedience, Rally, Agility & Breed. Watched several of my friends compete in Agility, I can't wait til mine are ready to go into the ring. Also a couple of my friends finished their breed Championships !! A huge accomplishment.

My dogs are between levels in Obedience therefore not ready for the ring yet.................................soon tho.

I have a question about hatching duck eggs along with chicken. I know it can be done but I dry hatch my chickens and I thought I read someone saying you have to have higher humidity for ducks. I need the low down as my daughter wants me to set some duck eggs.
Thanks!

What humidity to you use for dry hatching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom