CHEERS TO HAPPY CHOOKS AND SALLY!!!!
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
highfive.gif

x2x2x2x2x2

Scrambles55, you, Cynthia12 and Suncatcher are all right there with the spirit thing. I'm still a little new and can't recall many, but I know you folks when I see you....always so positive, helpful and a smile.
love.gif
We newbies love you guys even if we don't say much.
idunno.gif
Thanks to you all!

Thank you ronott1 for being there for me, positive and so informed and understanding. It means a lot. I was such a mess over this hatch and you helped me change my perspective and I can relax more and just learn from it all.

Thank you ronott1 for being there for me, positive and so informed and understanding. It means a lot. I was such a mess over this hatch and you helped me change my perspective and I can relax more and just learn from it all.

Thank You!

I hope you get some to hatch.

PROBLEM: My humidity keeps shooting up in the 80-90%s. What do I do?

And here is the good news:
0.jpg
Did you calibrate the hygrometer? If so, at 80-90%, you should be seeing condensation on the window glass. You can open the lid to let out extra humidity.

i was always told to use newspaper for the first three days to teach the chicks what the feed looks like then to use pine shavings so you can compost them but if sand works for you use sand
Newspaper is slippery and can cause leg issues in chicks. Please don't use newspaper.

Heres a random question.... what does everyone prefer to use in their brooder?
only asking because Im using pine bedding and someone else recommended sand .
i use sand in my coop (which i love because its easy to clean )
First few days, they are on paper towels. I used to do shavings after that, but with my meaties, I started using ABM pelleted horse bedding and it's so much more absorbent. So I'm trying these Easter chicks on that, after a few days of paper towels. The ABM is about the same price as shavings, but lasts a lot longer for brooders.

Way out of the loop, but I really want to take a moment and again thank Happy Chooks and Sally Sunshine for all their wonderful spirit, support, understanding, sympathy and empathy. They have it all with such dedication and fever to make it all fabulous for the rest of us!
frow.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
They made this HAL happen, how about a few rounding cheers!!!!~!
love.gif
bow.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
Thank you! We try very hard to make this event fun for everyone! Don't forget Mike too!

So tomorrow is day 18, and I have some good wigglers on the last 2 turns today. Do you think I should candle tonight and lock them down since I do have some good wigglers in there, or should I wait till tomorrow?
Unless you hear cheeping, go ahead and wait until tomorrow!

CHEERS TO HAPPY CHOOKS AND SALLY!!!!
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
highfive.gif

woot.gif
Thank you! Cheers to Mike too!

Quote: Thank you Ron for mentioning Mike! He has worked hard here too!

And a BIG thank you for the Daily Digest!

Quote: Thank you!

Happy Chooks and Sally Sunshine!
Thank you! And thank you everyone for participating in this hatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom