The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hatching fever!!!! :jumpy I hope I am not being too annoying posting about my babies all the time...but this is my first hatch ever and I am beyond excited! :ya Five of my seven are out so far and the last three were within minutes of each other. The first one that pipped seems like it is going to be the last of my Anconas to hatch, it has been approximately 25 hours but he's still alive and is making progress. The last egg from the barn isn't due until tomorrow (but it has several pips already). This has been by far the best Easter EVER! :bun Here is my first duckling now all fluffy:
Awwwwww!!!! The Ancona cuteness!!!!

This olive egger just hatched. One bugged eye and cross beak. This is my first ever hatch. Is this something that might correct itself since it was squished in the egg? Something it can live with? The bugged eye does not seem to be able to close. Thanks

I think my hatch is starting to wind down, but I am so amazed at how well it has gone so far!
celebrate.gif
I currently have 29 chicks out. 4 more pipped in the incubator, and 4 without pips in the 'bator. 2 more HAL eggs that have not hatched yet under the broody BA. The chicks are ADORABLE!
love.gif
We have quite a few blues - Marans, OE's, Rocks. The neatest thing was that two eggs hatched this afternoon that were both from our blue barred rock hen, and the rooster is also a light blue barred. Both eggs hatched almost simultaneously, and one was a blue and one a splash! I promise to share pics once they are totally fluffed up.

Will report later with final hatch numbers.

I have hatching fever!!!!
jumpy.gif
I hope I am not being too annoying posting about my babies all the time...but this is my first hatch ever and I am beyond excited!
ya.gif
Five of my seven are out so far and the last three were within minutes of each other. The first one that pipped seems like it is going to be the last of my Anconas to hatch, it has been approximately 25 hours but he's still alive and is making progress. The last egg from the barn isn't due until tomorrow (but it has several pips already). This has been by far the best Easter EVER!
bun.gif

Here is my first duckling now all fluffy:

That is one cute duckling! Is it one of your Anconas? We are thinking of trying to hatch ducklings next.

Who wants to see some BABIES??

I still have a lot still pipping, but I had a little photo shoot with some of the ones that hatched already!!!

Get ready to want to pinch some chickie cheeks!

Silkie or Silkie crossed with polish...dunno how to tell the difference...silkie newbie here :)

She has FIVE TOES on both feet!!! What does this mean??

Birth defect...three fused back toes...you can see the three fingernails.

She's yellow, but has black spots on her back and head...does this mean a specific type of Silkie and/or Silkie Polish?

Look at this chick's coloring! Like an EE almost :)

Easter Egger babies:

Seramas!!

Mille Fluer:

Marans or Cochin mixes, I have no idea how to tell the difference:

Aren't they all just DARLINGS????
love.gif

This chick is taking forever! The membrane has turned brown where it first pipped. I believe the first one to pip has died. The membrane in the hole where it pipped has turned dark brown and there hasn't been any activity since yesterday evening. GAH! What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom