The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of 7 muscovy eggs one made it to lock down and one hatched today out of the wrong end of the egg I am addicted to the ducks they are so stinking cute. I think I have had a pretty good hatch so far and they are still going strong. I have bbs orpingtons hatching today I am wondering though if I may have ended up with some lavender orpingtons in that bunch though as some are hatching out to the same color as my lavender orpington chicks. Very exciting.

My hatch finished up early yesterday and here are the results!

From left to right, a buff orpingon/MF bantam cochin cross, Easter Egger, Easter Egger, and MF bantam cochin/barred cochin cross - this one is a sex link and is a pullet :D So a total of four hatched.

Quote: Those are scrambled eggs, white and yolk together. I scramble eggs for the first few days for my broody mommas since they have been sacrificing to brood their chicks and need some good nutrition. They also make a great "first food" for them to teach the chicks how to come and eat when they call them.
When my DD and SIL were visiting, my SIL thought the scrambled eggs I was mixing was orange juice because of the color. I told him he needed to start getting "real eggs" instead of those pale store bought things!
old.gif
I get comments all the time on the color of the yolks, it is the fermented feed and free ranging that makes them that way.

RamblinRooster. .It is upsetting Ive never added the $ in hatches ive lost up ....scared too! All i know is ive got sone pricey chckens running in my yard haha and you have 2 $60 chicks! At least you have 2 that hatched.The first $50 or more i spent first 2 hatches i got zero chicks from

All these photos of lots of chicks are making me sad I had a terrible hatch. Out of 28 eggs totaling $130 I only got two Cochin chicks, which are the same color. Blessed to get those two at least. Don't think I will be hatching any more eggs for a long time.
Sorry RR. Bet the 2 cochin chicks are stinkin cute!! NOw is the time to try your skills again and perfect those skills. Or at least I hope you will. Perhaps you can find fertile eggs near you, that are not shipped.

Quote: Those are scrambled eggs, white and yolk together. I scramble eggs for the first few days for my broody mommas since they have been sacrificing to brood their chicks and need some good nutrition. They also make a great "first food" for them to teach the chicks how to come and eat when they call them.
When my DD and SIL were visiting, my SIL thought the scrambled eggs I was mixing was orange juice because of the color. I told him he needed to start getting "real eggs" instead of those pale store bought things!
old.gif
I get comments all the time on the color of the yolks, it is the fermented feed and free ranging that makes them that way.
thumbsup.gif

I have 6- 2 seramas 2 laventer Orps , 1 Maran i cream legbar
2 pip seramas and 8 we will sees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom