The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of our up the road but a trail cam out there.... Yes, you get all the usual critters on there and everyone enjoys looking at them, then you see a strange shaped animal and can't quite figure out what it is you are looking at.... Then all at once it hits you.... It's a person! sneaking onto your property in the night, entering your coop and stealing a chicken! They really couldn't believe it. They knew that something was getting their birds... Like once a week they'd lose one... They kept reinforcing this and that, adding more boards, more fencing, more chicken wire... .nothing was stopping it. Plus there was never any real sign of something digging and no feathers or blood or anything.... No noises from the coop. Just "poof" gone.... So, that's when they put up the trail cam to see what the heck... And found their 2 legged predator! And they recognized him! A guy down the road that always comes around like every few months asking about any work he can do for money.... They figured he didn't need the $$ for food, since he always seemed like he at a soda cup with him from QT or some place... So, they figured he was a druggy or something and always said they never had any work to do. Then this... They did the same thing and staked out the coop after a few weeks had gone by with their dogs and only had to wait like 3 nights. Then the guy just brazenly walks up and opens the door! they cornered the dude in the coop and he was like, "Oh I'm just out for a walk and I heard something and thought something was bothering your chickens so I came in to look" while holding a chicken in his hands.... They hauled him off to the police station and they never had any other problems....

No way!

Okay so my rooster that i presumed stolen, is now confirmed dead. We just found his feathers. We cant find my RIR, but the animal I saw at the edge of my property was a coyote... Im getting my gun ready and getting on the stand tonight. No one messes with my family.
somad.gif

Okay so my rooster that i presumed stolen, is now confirmed dead. We just found his feathers. We cant find my RIR, but the animal I saw at the edge of my property was a coyote... Im getting my gun ready and getting on the stand tonight. No one messes with my family.
somad.gif
May your shot strike true...

Good Luck

So when's the next HAL??? So addicting! !! Lol. I do want to thank everyone as I learned so much from this thread and experience. And doing this together was a wonderful experience as well!!!
2665.png
2665.png

@ShelbyCoral & @SilkieSensation ... I didnt realize you both were so close to me!!!
woot.gif

@SilkieSensation I may have to PM you about getting a couple silkies to add to my project. Right now I only have one and I really am thinking of expanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom