The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=141823]Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch... but what about me says "give me free hatching eggs"? haha people just keep handing them over. these 39 eggs makes 63 free eggs this year... so far [/COLOR];) [COLOR=3E454C]3 marans, 6 black sumatra bantams, 6 lavender OEGB, 12 blue and splashed Ameraucana bantams, and 12 cubalaya bantams.[/COLOR]
You can give then my name and number. I have the hardest time finding eggs to buy.

Lucky duck! I'm looking for hatching eggs of the jersey giant... I want a rooster to protect my flock! I miss my BCmaran rooster. Best gentle giant I ever had! First rooster ever to!
i love marans and giants but they keep selling out before i get enough money togather
idunno.gif

You can give then my name and number. I have the hardest time finding eggs to buy.
Haha just a friend I have been chatting with via email. i bought some of his adult sumatras from someone else and asked for his info so i could find out their lines, and we got to chatting and he mentioned "sending me a few hatching eggs'' little did I know a "few'' meant close to 40 haha. He is hoping to get Ga noi eggs from me next year so I think we are going to just wind up trading eggs over the years.
In general i get my hatching eggs on Ebay- yes it is a risk, since you don't really know the seller but I just read the ads really carefully and check the feedback- thoroughly, I read all the negatives and neutrals (if any) and skim the positives for any clues about the seller and then only buy if I feel confident, and usually only if they are NPIP tested as well. Not foolproof, but I have yet to encounter any real issues other than poor hatch rates and that is most likely due to them being shipped by postal workers who toss the packages around.

Haha just a friend I have been chatting with via email. i bought some of his adult sumatras from someone else and asked for his info so i could find out their lines, and we got to chatting and he mentioned "sending me a few hatching eggs'' little did I know a "few'' meant close to 40 haha.  He is hoping to get Ga noi eggs from me next year so I think we are going to just wind up trading eggs over the years. 

In general i get my hatching eggs on Ebay- yes it is a risk, since you don't really know the seller but I just read the ads really carefully and check the feedback- thoroughly, I read all the negatives and neutrals (if any) and skim the positives for any clues about the seller and then only buy if I feel confident, and usually only if they are NPIP tested as well. Not foolproof, but I have yet to encounter any real issues other than poor hatch rates and that is most likely due to them being shippey postal workers who toss the packages around. 

I've gotten some off eBay but I wasn't some local to see the difference.

Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch... but what about me says "give me free hatching eggs"? haha people just keep handing them over. these 39 eggs makes 63 free eggs this year... so far
wink.png

3 marans, 6 black sumatra bantams, 6 lavender OEGB, 12 blue and splashed Ameraucana bantams, and 12 cubalaya bantams.

Very cool. Nice looking eggs. You are going to be overrun with chicks lol.

We have another special prize to give away. We decided on this quite a while ago, but haven't had the chance to announce it yet.
We are giving a one time Special Hatcher Award of a 6 month GFM to......

Corny Caleb

for being the first ever member to hatch an Emu in the Easter Hatchalong! With a 53 day incubation, that's a lot of waiting! We all enjoyed the videos of the other 2 emu chicks hatching! We're sorry the Easter chick didn't make it.

You still deserve a round of applause!
36_1_75.gif

Last edited:
We have another special prize to give away. We decided on this quite a while ago, but haven't had the chance to announce it yet.
We are giving a one time Special Hatcher Award of a 6 month GFM to......

Corny Caleb

for being the first ever member to hatch an Emu in the Easter Hatchalong! With a 53 day incubation, that's a lot of waiting! We all enjoyed the videos of the other 2 emu chicks hatching! We're sorry the Easter chick didn't make it.

You still deserve a round of applause!
36_1_75.gif

This is GREAT!!! CONTRATULATIONS CORNY CALEB!!!!!!!
clap.gif

I was looking for Jersey giants as well, but finally just ordered one from a hatchery- not expecting great quality but still excited
What hatchery? I don't want to get mine from Meyers hatchery because I have gotten nothing but horrible chickens! Like Ive got two roosters with cross beak from there and a couple hens with missing toes... and also extra toe nails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom