The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let this tiny tot rest.  If you have some electrolytes give it some..I go waay weak on the solution.  When they are like this, if you make it according to pkg. directions, I find that it makes them worse.  Just a tiny tiny drop will do too. 

Will do, thanks!

I can't figure out how to quote more than one on my phone...

I was told to only breed my frizzle to a straight feather breed, and that my chances of more frizzles were 50/50.

Two of These chicks are from the frizzle, the other from the calico, I found out that I have to wait 7 to 10 days to see if we have frizzle.

My EHAL eggs are 4 from the frizzle and 3 from the Calico...
Beautiful Fuzzy Butts... OMG!!! I'm sorry Calico? Calico what? Noob here and lost with lots of abbreviated terms.
idunno.gif

OH MY GOSH!  Oh my gosh!!!  One of my eggs just cheeped, but I can't tell which one! 

That means an internal pip, right?  So, I never thought about it before, but how long do they go between the internal pip, and the external?  We're only on day 19 right now.

Oh, shoot, it just cheeped again!  I've got to go stare at the incubator some more.

Isn't it exciting? And fun? Oh boy, the anticipation of the hatch and what they look like. Enjoy!

I suck at incubating. I have never ever had a good hatch rate!

I smelled a bad smell in the bator, candled the five eggs. Three looked bad, I cracked them all slightly at air cell. All three chicks where dead upon further inspection! They still had some yolks to absorb. This is how I find all my chicks, even in all past batches! Why does this happen? Once I had 49 eggs, 8 hatched.

Should I get a new incubator? I have a LG right now...

Now out of 14 original eggs, I have two eggs left and a single chick.

Ohhhh, I am so sorry for your losses. My last two hatches were much like yours, and I think my current lot in lockdown is going the same way. I am near devastation, but I can still watch and worry. There is good help here on BYC. Do you WANT to hatch? Can you save up to buy a Brinsea and just be done with all the variables? I am thinking about that, but one of my father's genes is telling me to not stop trying to re-invent the wheel. (He was a civil engineer). Hope you get help and good luck. Laurie in Berthoud

OH MY GOSH! Oh my gosh!!! One of my eggs just cheeped, but I can't tell which one!

That means an internal pip, right? So, I never thought about it before, but how long do they go between the internal pip, and the external? We're only on day 19 right now.

Oh, shoot, it just cheeped again! I've got to go stare at the incubator some more.
big_smile.png
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom