The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more chicks for me!!!
hit.gif
The wind blew over the broody hut and all the eggs broke!! They were fluffy and wet and the yoke sack was absorbed!!
No way! So close...
sad.png
(((((Hugs)))))

I cant copy paste links but I have documented my trials (mostly tribulations). Search in your byc search bar for little giant 9300. Also little giant 10300. Several of us have tried and tried.
Imho those folks at Miller struck out on this model.
Their auto egg turners are ok though

Thanks!

Beautiful... simply beautiful.
I think that somewhere along the way someone should name a sizzle + frizzle=shiz-nizzle. Thank you for sharing your pics.
So does this smooth feather sizzle end up with chicks like her, or is it a recessive gene?
Are there dangers in breeding or interbreeding sizzles, frizzles, silkies ?

I can't figure out how to quote more than one on my phone...

I was told to only breed my frizzle to a straight feather breed, and that my chances of more frizzles were 50/50.

Two of These chicks are from the frizzle, the other from the calico, I found out that I have to wait 7 to 10 days to see if we have frizzle.

My EHAL eggs are 4 from the frizzle and 3 from the Calico...

Yes, it's much easier to buy chicks and get exactly what you want and ,expect to receive. However, when we work out the glitches it is so fun for us busy body people to hatch our own chicks. I hope you get more to hatch. :) Keep the faith and try again. :)

I am so glad to hear someone sharing my faith in working out the "glitches." Where is the ecstasy without the agony? We hatchers do agonize, don't we? Something I learned in my time as a Caregiver is that in taking care OF someone, I began to care FOR that someone. (The corrollary to that is that I myself became cared for). When I do all the things my chickens need for me to do, when I keep doing the things my little chick potentials need for me to do for them to hatch, that is when I start to experience the joy of Caring (and being cared For). For me, it starts with taking care of the hen, then harvesting her eggs, then making the best incubator I can learn to make, then ........................... But in the beginning it was just me looking at pictures and ordering chicks - and working out the glitches - and agonizing. Because when we do this sort of a thing, we make ourselves vulnerable and put ourselves at risk - for loss? for failure? for? So yes, try again and keep on keeping on, because you are a hatcher, and that's what hatchers do.

Let this tiny tot rest. If you have some electrolytes give it some..I go waay weak on the solution. When they are like this, if you make it according to pkg. directions, I find that it makes them worse. Just a tiny tiny drop will do too.

BAHHH!!!!!! All of you with early hatchers
barnie.gif
why are mine making me wait!! I told them to get with the program, already being stubborn and they aren't even hatched yet!

Congrats though! Everyone's babies are adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom