The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is my baby girl that got pecked on the head awhile back. Still healthy and happy, but now walks on her legs most of the time, instead of her feet, she walks very little and then gets tired.

(Yes I painted her nails, yes she let me lol, no I do not abuse her, she is just that calm)

Poor little lady.:( @ least she has you.

My EHA chicks are doing well also. 19 Cream Legbars, 11males / 8females.

I recently moved mine to the old turkey house and pen so they have lots of space. Most males will be heading to the freezer in about 7weeks. Females will join the other adult chickens around that same time.

My EHA chicks are doing well also. 19 Cream Legbars, 11males / 8females. I recently moved mine to the old turkey house and pen so they have lots of space. Most males will be heading to the freezer in about 7weeks. Females will join the other adult chickens around that same time.
Every time I see those pretty crests I think "I must get some Cream Legbars!!!"

My EHA chicks are doing well also. 19 Cream Legbars, 11males / 8females. I recently moved mine to the old turkey house and pen so they have lots of space. Most males will be heading to the freezer in about 7weeks. Females will join the other adult chickens around that same time.
I just picked up some cream legbar hatching eggs yesterday. Beautiful blue eggs.

I have none of the Easter HAL chicks left, but there are a few of the chicks I hatched just after the HAL ended. All but one is outside. The inside chick just seems very slow in developing. It is a very small backyard mix. Maybe there is some bantam in it; I don't know. I put a couple bantam juveniles(about the same age) from TSC with it for company. Here are the rest of the chicks in the outside transition pen. They will be joining the main flock in a couple weeks.

I think I've confirmed at least four cockerels in the mix. Here are two of them. These two were my refrigerator experiment. The eggs spent an unknown length of time in a fridge before I attempted to hatch them. Five out of six hatched.

*Cross posted
I currently have 34 chickens all together in 1 coop and run. 10 are roosters but only 1 is an adult (and 7 adult hens)... The others are 11 and 10 weeks (Easter HAL chicks.) Introducing the chicks to the coop went great however I am wondering how many roosters do I need to rehome? My big chickens free range and I will allow the little ones to do the same. I do plan to build a couple of breeding pens/seperate coops for some certain breeds I hope to breed next year but otherwise I had planned just to keep the others together. There are 4 cockerals Id like to rehome which would leave me with 6. Is that a bad idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom