The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be following along but won't be hatching unless:
A) I magically make it to the top of someone's wait list or
B) have a well timed broody.

Regardless it should be a blast! I had a great time with the NYD hatch along. :jumpy

If anyone else needs eggs, I am also willing to send some out! I have some pretty interesting mix breeds.
smile.png
Could you do pure bred Mille Fleur D'uccles? I chow chickens so the only mixes I can have are Naked Neck because they are reconized as many colors and I already have 6

I will set 42 chicken eggs!
As Mike reminded, shhhhhh, keep how many you are setting a secret. We have a guessing contest for that.

Ill be donating a few prizes @Happy Chooks I will be sure to pm you
smile.png
Got it, thanks!

Happy Chooks, I'm PMing you about donating some stuff for prizes!
I haven't gotten through all of my PM's yet, but I'll look for your donation. Thank you!

I personally use the Hovabator 1588, its a good incubator and I have had much luck with it and great hatch rates, so much that I got two. To me its almost a set it and forget it type incubator with little fussing with it. I have been happy with them.

I hope others will chime in and give you more suggestions on some inexpensive incubators.
The hovabator 1602N is a great one too.

Unlike the New Years Day Hatchalong, there is not, or has not been in the past, a contest for the chick hatched closest to a set time. If your chicks hatch a bit earlier or later it will not matter for this HAL. There is a 2 day window for setting eggs, two days before Saturday the 14th through two days after. It is all about the comradery and fun here on the Easter Hatchalong!!
Correct. When I started running the Easter Hatchalong, I got rid of this contest. There are so many variables to hatching, and the first hatched always seemed stressful. I chose to go with other contests instead. It works well for the New Years Hatchalong and is more exciting with hatching the first chick of the New Year.

Hi Everyone!

I'll join.
I have some Salmon Faverolles I hatched last year from eggs I got from a BYC member. Might hatch a few from those stock.
If I can get ahold of some true Ameraucana eggs I'd be jumping over the moon!
LOTS of Ameraucana breeders here, what variety are you looking for?

I am hatching emu eggs for the hatch-a-long!!!!!! Well that is if I am allowed. Putting emu eggs in today so that means hatching 4 days before easter....If we are considering emu eggs at exactly at 53 days of incubation.
woot.gif
We love having Emu hatchers!

I will be hatching Praying Mantis too...Set Date?????
hu.gif

Please may I play? I am in the U.K
Absolutely! Although most contests are US only, as we can't ship some prizes and hatching eggs across borders.

What is this contest all about is it people incubating their eggs
We will be starting a Guess How Many Eggs Will Be Set Contest soon.

Quote: Correct. Many people are busy on Easter with family. If you wish to hatch on Easter, you may.

March 14th is set day!

The very first post on page one of this thread has all the info needed for this hatch a long. Post num 1 is where all the info is shared and will be updated along the way, including the links to all the contests as they open up for participation. There is also useful links added to post 1 also.

Everyone remember to look back at post 1 often to see if there are any updates added.
thumbsup.gif
Yup!

I have never tested it, but in last years forum for the Easter Hatch, a member showed how to create a broody using a square of aluminum foil above the nest box. It takes a couple of weeks or so, but it raises the hormones that tell them to go broody.
I've been afraid to try it, because I don't want a dozen Broodies all at once!
tongue.png
hide.gif
That was our April Fools joke this year. It really won't work.

Does anybody know of a good Mille Fleur D'uccle breeder, not a hatchery I would like to have a few more Mille Fleur D'uccles to show

im in! I thought I would be moving but plans changed and I don't have to sell my chooks hopefully still! so I may end up hatching from my sizzle program and hopefully from my OE girl once shes better.

OH and depending on once I find out what's wrong with my poor girl pumpkin; im thinking something ruptured in her,

I may be able to ship out eggs from the start of my frizzle project. ive only done one hatch so far, but if anyone wants an interesting surprise feel free to shoot me a PM if your interested.
here are the chicks I hatched out from it in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom