The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eggs don't count because my girls didn't go broody on time. Today was my 18 day candle and on my last egg, I had a pip and a chirping chick in my hand! :eek:

I was so excited that I just stuffed all the eggs back under the broodies. I forgot to take the quitters with me and I forgot to heck the breed on the egg:th

Guess I'll have one easter chick anyway.:clap

My hatch has continued pretty well today. So far now I have 8 Buff Orpingtons out, 5 EE's, 4 Barred Rocks, 2 BLUE Copper Marans, and just a few minutes ago... TWO WHEATEN AMERAUCANAS!!!!!
celebrate.gif
And there are now THREE more Wheaten Ameraucana eggs pipped!
wee.gif
This is SO much better than I was hoping for! One of the Wheatens is pipped on the wrong end, but it is a big clear pip, and I think it will be fine.
fl.gif
The other four Wheatens pipped right in the air cells. As of right now there are only 3 eggs left un-pipped - 1 more Wheaten AM, and two Blue Copper Marans. There are 4 other pipped eggs that are waiting to hatch, one is another wrong end pipper,and two are kind of in the middle.

I will post my final numbers tomorrow or Monday, but I can already say I am very pleased with the results of this hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Don't know what has happened to my chicks. I set 41 eggs and set the a day early so they would start hatching yesterday. Today is day 22. I have no pips and hear no peeps. I am worried but do not know what could have happened.

I am so thrilled. 6 of my 7 eggs have hatched. The seventh has an active pip.

This is so different than my previous hatches where I was lucky to get one live chick.

celebrate.gif
wee.gif

All the thoughts and advice of the various people who have private messaged me trying to help me figure it out seems to be paying off. Thank you so much.

Don't know what has happened to my chicks. I set 41 eggs and set the a day early so they would start hatching yesterday. Today is day 22. I have no pips and hear no peeps. I am worried but do not know what could have happened.

Did you candle them? Look for signs of life in the eggs. Wait another day and check again.

they can be late it the temperature was too low.

Now mine starting hatching yesterday morning, day 20 and went gang busters last night and this morning. They're still in the bator, it is okay to hold off till tomorrow to put them in the brooder isn't it? I'm not starving or dehydrating them, am I? Brooder is in the garage and it isn't turned on yet, etc. I plan on moving them tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it over night. Today is officially day 21.

I candled one. Thought I seen movement but not sure. I just don't want to handle them to much. I cannot imagine what would have happened to all 41 chicks. I thought I heard a low peep just after posting my first post about this so I will wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom