The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I set my eggs on time but do I get discus lifted if they don't hatch today
hu.gif
No, sometimes they are late.

My final count is 27 hatched out of 41 eggs.

That said, two hatched late (one was at the 22.5 day mark and the other hatched this morning at day 23.5, both assisted as they were upside down and made no progress after 12+ hours into zipping) and the most recent one died within an hour of me helping it out. The 22.5 day chick is still alive but he's not doing so well. He can't walk normally and mostly just lays in one spot and peeps nonstop. I've been giving it a little polyvisol here and there but it hasn't expressed an interest in eating or drinking on it's own yet. I have it separated from the rest and I'll keep trying to help it.

When are final counts due? Easter Day final count? 7 days after? We had 12 hatch by the end of Easter Day but I'm leaving the rest in the incubator and crossing my fingers

Well, so far out of 24 expensive, shipped from Texas eggs, I've got 6 chicks. Im not a happy camper.. My friend had other chicks popping out like popcorn but not mine. I'm pretty sad... :(

That's why I got Ancona ducks cause they are better at dealing with it than others. :lol:  

Maybe I'll have to get Anconas then! Or lots of breeds. Was thinking Swedish, Welsh Harlequin, maybe Rouen or Buff, and possibly Runner. Maybe Anconas will be on the list :p

Slow leak, and absorb into the ground.... I'll use trial and error, might end up just making the bottom pull-out.... Everything is theoretical right now. :D

:yuckyuck

LOL thanks

Sounds like to much work to me :lau

Same

Back
Top Bottom