The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Enjoying the updated pics of the hatched chicks!
pop.gif

Me too!!!
clap.gif

pop.gif

I was on one of the hatch a longs a while back ago. But I am trying to do something different and it's not working. We have chickens with a backward gene with intestines / umbilical issues in male gene. I have recently gotten two female ducks to brood the chicken eggs and duck eggs outside in there pen. It's not working on duck and chicken eggs know one second hatch trying to do it these way. We keep getting ants when egg breaks of goo in the nest some have life why most have goo none have hatched. Ducks go broody fast . Just moved male drake so he doesn't cause an issue for eggs. They where do on 1st 2016 these hatch. Weather has been wet and hot. Duck throw one egg in water Went out to duck nest a few hrs ago I saw one cracking open. Went out there now and saw it floating the egg in pool. There was no life in water or around them. The egg had yolk in it some was able to grab two eggs she allowed me to touch. I didn't see vains in it or any thing moving. I drew lines on it out lines I saw. Marked it 1-2 with a pencil. But I did see ants in nest again. I will lay ditmacious earth soon as partner comes home . So he can hold snowflake and hope. So I don't get bit.

Sounds awesome!! : )

I think this is last Easter hatch-a-long though. I'm sure you can find an August HAL on the forum though, and you can join there. I've got some chicks hatching right now actually!

Best of luck!

I'd like to join! This will be my first year hatching and I will be hatching duck eggs!!

:frow

Here is an August hatch a long that you join ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1121246/august-2016-hatch-a-long/0_30
Good luck with your duck eggs!

Sounds awesome!!  : )

I think this is last Easter hatch-a-long though. I'm sure you can find an August HAL on the forum though, and you can join there. I've got some chicks hatching right now actually!

Best of luck!

Chicks hatching :clap
Good luck with them :fl

Back
Top Bottom