The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I am hoping to have some Easter eggers in my Easter hatch. I have a friend that may be able to get me some eggs . I only have mixes. I set 41 eggs yesterday to make sure I know what I am doing.

Btw the signs are great

I am hoping to have some Easter eggers in my Easter hatch. I have a friend that may be able to get me some eggs . I only have mixes. I set 41 eggs yesterday to make sure I know what I am doing.

Btw the signs are great
Good Luck!

Snapped some shots of my Iowa Blue hens

Still frozen up nort, here, but spring is coming soon!
Beautiful birds!

Cuties that my broody hatched from thursday-saturday. 2 of these came from blue eggs but I don't know which 2 as they look similar to the 4 from brown eggs. My husband is getting excited about the prospect of maybe getting blue egg layers. I was saying to him yesterday how it was going to be expensive housing this lot and he started coming up with far more expensive plans for much larger numbers of chickens. So maybe if I get another broody in time, I'll set some blue eggs for easter.

Just in case..
wink.png

Good morning all! Woke up to 4 more poults in the bator, which brings me to 10 so far. The last 3 hopefuls are pipped and wiggling
smile.png
my 5 week old silkies are taking turns caring for the poults in the brooder while my NYD HAL BCM chicks are enforcing the rules lol. I need to go get another heart lamp tonight so I can get my big brooder set up and move some of these guys out there. It's just SO cold out!

These are 100% lousy photos but I guess that's not what a tablet is designed for.

Congratulations! I love me some silkies. :) Haven't had the chance to have a turkey. :/

Btw the signs are great
This is a great idea. You can ask any questions you have right here, get good and ready for the next time. You will be a pro!

Back
Top Bottom