The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I'm out, my eggs won't be here for another week or more. Happy hatching to everyone else! Can't wait to see your fluff butts!

sad.png

Well, I didn't know if I would be in or not, and I haven't posted since I set the eggs, but I am in. I set 10 Magpie duck eggs and 5 Royal Palm turkey eggs at noon on 3/18. Not too sure what the fertility is on them, but I'm going to candle for the first time tonight. So, hopefully after the candling, I will still be in with y'all.

I'm out, my eggs won't be here for another week or more. Happy hatching to everyone else! Can't wait to see your fluff butts!
Bummer, sorry about that.

Well, I didn't know if I would be in or not, and I haven't posted since I set the eggs, but I am in. I set 10 Magpie duck eggs and 5 Royal Palm turkey eggs at noon on 3/18. Not too sure what the fertility is on them, but I'm going to candle for the first time tonight. So, hopefully after the candling, I will still be in with y'all.
Welcome!!

Ooh... Magpies. Good luck with them.

these look upside down to me... Is the big end up? I could be wrong though!
@DianaMallory

Make sure that the air cell is up with the eggs in the turner. The big end usually has the air cell but candle to make sure.

Eggs turned the wrong way will put the chick into the wrong end when it pips. That is not a good thing!

This is my second attempt at hatching. Last time, I candled the eggs and rotated the egg up and down (gently) to see what I could see. I later read that turning the egg can cause stress on the air cell. I'll be Day 7 candling on Wednesday night. I have a candling box. Should I candle narrow end down, or narrow end up? Thanks!

Last edited:
Just candled for day three with my shipped eggs I did see some great air sacs and some veining already so I turned on the turner now in a week I'll candle again and see what's up I didn't see any reason to get rid of any at this point but looking good!!

Back
Top Bottom