The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I'm always hatching anyway so might as well join lol :)

:woot

Sounds good.

I can't set any more because Emu egg season at the local farms is over. :tongue  Plus I'm already hand-turning three eggs five times a day... :lol:

How many eggs do they lay each year/season?

Hopefully I can get Polish eggs and if Lacie (@Braxton Brigade ) has some Black Copper Marans eggs for me going to hatch those! Also mixed breeds from my chickens

I should be hatching Polish as well :highfive:

I should have cotournix quail and welsummer eggs by the set date.

So I'd like to join.

:clap

I loved my little cortunix when I hatched a batch, so cute just like little bumble bee's!

woot.gif

How many eggs do they lay each year/season?
I should be hatching Polish as well
highfive.gif

clap.gif

I loved my little cortunix when I hatched a batch, so cute just like little bumble bee's!

yay! I have a Polish roo and I might sneek a hen in with him!
wink.png

So I wasn't going to hatch this spring. Wanted to give myself a break from it all, especially the maintenance and selling. DH insisted so I tried telling him he was responsible for everything after hatch. I think he'll probably just do the selling, but it will be fun either way. We'll be hatching bantam white faced black Spanish and whatever the polish will give us (they are pretty much on strike right now).

Last edited:
yay! I have a Polish roo and I might sneek a hen in with him! ;)

;) This will be my boys first breeding season so fingers crossed all will be well with him. He does sometimes make a hash of the job with the girls but the few eggs I have checked so far look fertile :D

I am going to try to make this work......I'll be able to know as the date gets closer.

:frow

:weee Easter Hatchalong thread is open!!!  A sure sign that Spring is near!! :weee

Hi Mary! Spring Woot Woot! :woot

I'll definitely participate! Should be hatching BCM, Cream Legbars, Svart Honas, and maybe Silver Laced Orpingtons that weekend :thumbsup

:frow
Lovely breeds there!

Roughly from late December to the middle of January. I got the last eggs of the year. They lay every day to every few days during that time.

That's a really short window to get the eggs!

So I wasn't going to hatch this spring. Wanted to give myself a break from it all, especially the maintenance and selling. DH insisted so I tried telling him he was responsible for everything after hatch. I think he'll probably just do the selling, but it will be fun either way. We'll be hatching bantam white faced black Spanish and whatever the polish will give us (they are pretty much on strike right now).

Sounds like a plan, good luck. Love the white faced Spanish, so different to look at. I have several polish still on strike but I'm hoping they will get their act together soon. What colours do you have in polish?

Back
Top Bottom