The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

It's malpositioned. It might need help to hatch, but it could get itself out just fine. If you need any help assisting, let me know, I'm happy to help you with it. Treat the pip as an internal pip and give it 48 hours before you start to worry that it's stuck.

Thank you. First time with shipped eggs. I know some have funky looking air cells so there might be more. Time will tell.

3 more of my zips are out.

Looked close and one of my legbar eggs is a malpositioned pip.

I so want to get hatched chicks out and assist the malpositioned if needed but trying to stay hands off til hatch is done.

Gonna be rough as I like to be hands on.

I hatch up right but didn't have enough room for all upright so I laid 6 on their side. So far not one of those has hatched or pipped that I can see.

I can see 1 pip, but its on the wrong end. Never had that before, is there any chance?
I've had several wrong way pippers hatch on their own.

Its getting noisy again. getting close to time to remove more. Too bad there is no prize for the most hatched. I won one year for the worse hatch rate. lol
I always feel bad doing the worst hatch. We've done the most hatched before too.

So how long is it normally from pip to zip? I've had a lot of bad luck with eggs pipping, and then quitting in the past. Just wondering what is average?

No average in my experience. Sometimes a full day before zipping. I just had one that was not even pipped a half hour ago. It pipped and is starting to zip now.

Ok, I guess I won't panic then about my ducks that have been pipped for 5 hours and nothing. Had two turkeys hatch bang bang, but the ducks just been sitting there pipped and not doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom