The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

My broody hard at work as well

10 eggs from Altsteriers and 4 mixed breed
She looks like my broody cochin who is sitting on a bunch of eggs, and I have a black austrolorp who is sitting on so many eggs she can not possibly hatch them all, I think I'm gonna move her and her eggs. Will she stay on the eggs if I move her?

She looks like my broody cochin who is sitting on a bunch of eggs, and I have a black austrolorp who is sitting on so many eggs she can not possibly hatch them all, I think I'm gonna move her and her eggs.  Will she stay on the eggs if I move her?

I had to move her as she was in a granite rock crack, it was supposed to rain. I put her in a separate coop with the eggs, once she took them and made a nest I took the three eggs she had started a few days before and gave her the ones I wanted. She's doing fine with the move I have had hens not take to the move though.

If I can get a broody leghorn, I wouldn't be surprised it it's happened with a sexlink! 

I have one that will not lay an egg in an empty nest and she will set for hours commanding that nestbox then here she comes out and I have hens actually waiting in line to lay!! Had to put up more nest boxes because of her I had 3 now I have 6 in the coop

Back
Top Bottom