The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Humidity sounds a tiny bit high, mine is at 50% in one and I wish it was 10% lower.
It's more like 45%. I can't leave the hygrometer in the incubator for more than an hour because it interferes with the egg turner, so I just put it in occasionally to make sure it's not something crazy in either direction.
smile.png

I candled yesterday(my day 4) but only one looked like it had any developing and the rest clears out of 36 eggs.
That is completely normal!

Days 5 to 7 are more realistic for seeing inside eggs while candling. I plan on candling tonight. I might get a picture if I see something....They are light brown eggs so chances are good!

I'll candle mine on day 7 again with will be in another 2.5 days I hope to see more this time than I have before with all brownneggs im hoping for a 75% hatch rate but would settle for any to hatch my first shipped eggs and my third time hatching my eggs. Last time was a flop

Temp is 99.6 steady and humidity is 50%. 

That humidity would be too high here and the embryos would die. Did you happen to eggtopsy the ones that didn't hatch last time? Was there liquid in the egg? You might try running it a little lower. I have to do 30% for mine to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom