The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

It's funny, the table I have my Brinsea on is NOT QUITE level. And when I set mine for 65% with the humidity pump, it LEAKS. The pump runs constantly and I have a flooded table and a puddle on the floor. I use a level to check the bator before I up the humidity now.
Mine has a humidity pad and the water moistens it. Is yours different?

Anyone else use the Hatch A Batch app? I set my eggs both chicken and quail according to the dates here. The app is giving me totally different dates for lockdown and hatch. It's says quail should hatch on Thursday and chickens on Friday?? Not sure if I should lockdown today or not. Don't want popcorn falling off the racks!! I have a sportsman so it's a pretty big drop. The app has been fairly accurate so far. Any advice??

Anyone else use the Hatch A Batch app? I set my eggs both chicken and quail according to the dates here. The app is giving me totally different dates for lockdown and hatch. It's says quail should hatch on Thursday and chickens on Friday?? Not sure if I should lockdown today or not. Don't want popcorn falling off the racks!! I have a sportsman so it's a pretty big drop. The app has been fairly accurate so far. Any advice??

I use it but I ignore the dates it says they're supposed to hatch. It seems to count the first day as day 1 when it's really day 0, so that throws it off. I pretty much just use it to keep track of the day I set the eggs on and from there I figure out lockdown and hatch date myself. Adding one day to what it says will tell you the real hatch date and lockdown day.

If you set for an April 15th hatch then today is lockdown day for your chickens and you should lock down today.

Last edited:
Yay!!! and ewwwwwww....I really, really don't like naked necks.....

lau.gif

I didn't use to either. I used to say, I would never ever own one of those poor ugly birds!
gig.gif
Now I love them!

Did someone say naked necks?

What's not to love?

love.gif
Oh my goodness, I love the last one's coloring!

I have had several hatch..some still wet and in bator, will get photos of some from one bator. I guess I can put some up from the other bator, just not say who it was I got the eggs from per request. Out of 15 hatched babies, only one was an all feathered..I have NN's!

See Jessi, the last on is cute, because it has a bow tie, I am not a fan of the ones with nooo feathering at all on the neck. I have a couple with just a bit of feathering..I am thinking I will keep one just because. :D

Thank you for asking this question! I am also using the app and this morning it told me it was hatch day, and I was like, "Um, nope! Tomorrow is hatch day!"

The first time I hatched someone told me, "Whatever day of the week you set on is the same day of the week as hatch day." So, I set my eggs at approximately 9:15 am on Thursday the 23rd, so they're set to hatch tomorrow, also on a Thursday. Hope that helps some!

Back
Top Bottom