The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

One bantam chick out!! It heard a serama chick I put inside the other incubator (the little chick was cold as the barn's temperature dropped the incubator is toasty warm) and decided to come play

8 out of 10 now!

Ok, I guess I won't panic then about my ducks that have been pipped for 5 hours and nothing. Had two turkeys hatch bang bang, but the ducks just been sitting there pipped and not doing anything.
Ducks can take a couple of days. They are known to be slow from pip to zip.

One bantam chick out!! It heard a serama chick I put inside the other incubator (the little chick was cold as the barn's temperature dropped the incubator is toasty warm) and decided to come play
Remember, if there is no picture it did not really happen!

Pleas post pictures when you can

Congratulations!

I set my eggs at noon on the 25th and I already have two eggs with pips. I didn't want them to hatch early! I can hear the peeping. Today was supposed to be lockdown.

I have 5 out. No other pips. This poor little guy, "Lovebug",was one of the first to pip yesterday with a saddle cell and got stuck. Just had to unpeel it from the shell with hot water. It's siblings were moved to the brooder when I opened bator to deal with it.

Candled eggs looking great. They are due to hatch Tuesday so that my daughter's class can watch them hatch. I grabbed a variety of colors and sizes to show them.
I finally figure out were my chicken hatching addiction started.
I was raised in San Diego (all City no chickens) But you all talking about the kids loving to watch the chicks hatch I remember at the San Diego Zoo in he children's zoo they hatched chicks there for children to watch..(the zoo was home away from home I spent a lot of time there.I spent a lot of time waiting and watching for the chicks to hatch.. Always little yellow chicks.

Back
Top Bottom