The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

i also find it weird...i have been following their ebay auctions...as well as other bird auctions....have not bought anything from ebay just curious on what people are selling and how much they are selling for...as you may or may not know i have alot of different kinds of birds....the interesting part is i believe they are bidding against there own account....the reason being...is if you watch they will go up one dollar that would be a normal person bidding with 1 or 2 days left....then someone will bid five or more...making it just very fast so they can get a high price....another reason y i believe this is because it lets you know how many bids...i have watched this persons auctions for three days straight at that is how it goes watch others....and they go up a little at a time....poor people....i feel so bad...its quite obvious what this person is doing but to someone not keeping an eye on it they would have no clue....and its so wrong...thats funny it just did it as i was typing this...bid 24 was at 63.36 just went to bid 25 at 73.36....who is gunna bid ten dollars when its a one dollar increment...and with 2 days left...common people...i have been at real auctions buying several hundred thousand dollars worth of stuff for my old job...and someone is not going to bid like that unless.....there is a "silent" bidder....normally being the person that wants to sell there stuff at a higher price....wow...thats all i can say.....

Phage they are only 2 1/2 hours from you....lol

That's how eBay bids are, nothing weird about it.

Also after bidding reaches a certain amount eBay won't accept $1 bids. For example, the auction currently at $305 says the next valid bid must be $310 or more. If your proxy bid is high enough, someone bids and the bidding will jump $10.

i guess your not seeing the point...all other cemani auctions have virtually no bids....and this persons is going to the moon...even the hot chick from feather lover farm which has a video of both male and female doesnt even have a bid...weird....i have been to several hundred auctions for my last job....and this rockin person just doesnt come off with a good vibe....if they are changing there wording / pictures ....they prolly created a second account and are bidding themselves up....just saying...they dont seem to legit of a person or breeder to me....just my thoughts and everyone has their own opinion...as for the auctioning i was just saying it doesnt make sense y a person would bid five instead of one...its like you going to the store and buying a dollar item but giving the person a five and walking away....most people arnt going to jump in increments like that when the lowest increment is a buck...just like in real life auctions....you go to an auction to buy a car and the auction guy starting this car bid out at 1k....and then you go....10k please...not very logical...and the auction guy is going to look at you and go...what the....

edited to add....this one right now is in increments of one dollar...yes the other one is 5...but this one is one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Ayam-Cema...ee-Ship-/151611741417?pb=14&&autorefresh=true

Last edited:
This thread is awful. Why not let others sell their birds as they wish? "Buyer beware" is a phrase I hear a lot with chickens. There are a lot of suppositions and accusations that are rather salacious and uncomfortable to read. it has been a long winter but maybe the conversation could return to the breed in question. With so many of us interested in this breed it would be great to read a more informative and content filled discussion....maybe with pictures.. just my opinion as I'm interested in what is going on with the bird And try to let folks run their breeding program as they feel fits them best. Back to my coffee and lurking.

Because fraud is FRAUD no matter how many lies you wrap it in BLACKBIRDS13.
Word of mouth is a precious commodity when it comes to dealing with chickens sellers who unethically and obtusely deal with paying customers who only wish a 'fair' shot at not getting screwed. What topic did you wish to discuss? Bring something to the table of discussion. You can see that given an opportunity...people can discuss a whole many things relating to this breed.
Ex.
Hey everyone,
I got a batch of Cemani hatching eggs, that per the breeder, could potentially be pure or crossed.
So, here is my question...

The only pullet I even considered to be possibly CemXCem was the first to lay and it is the 1st egg on the left. My other two 'obvious' crosses laid the other two.
I would like to garner any knowledge that I am correct in thinking that since she laid the correct color egg, odds are she is not an outright cross like her sisters?

My pullet...a few months back...
Any input will be gratefully appreciated
TIA...
See, that wasn't so hard.
Thanks Cemani Peops.
I appreciate all of you.

Upset and decaffeinated enough not to notice that I posted the wrong pic.!!
Above is my cross and here is my other pullet...the one I originally referred to...

Last edited:
i guess your not seeing the point...all other cemani auctions have virtually no bids....and this persons is going to the moon...even the hot chick from feather lover farm which has a video of both male and female doesnt even have a bid...weird....i have been to several hundred auctions for my last job....and this rockin person just doesnt come off with a good vibe....if they are changing there wording / pictures ....they prolly created a second account and are bidding themselves up....just saying...they dont seem to legit of a person or breeder to me....just my thoughts and everyone has their own opinion...as for the auctioning i was just saying it doesnt make sense y a person would bid five instead of one...its like you going to the store and buying a dollar item but giving the person a five and walking away....most people arnt going to jump in increments like that when the lowest increment is a buck...just like in real life auctions....you go to an auction to buy a car and the auction guy starting this car bid out at 1k....and then you go....10k please...not very logical...and the auction guy is going to look at you and go...what the....

edited to add....this one right now is in increments of one dollar...yes the other one is 5...but this one is one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Ayam-Cema...ee-Ship-/151611741417?pb=14&&autorefresh=true
No not unless they made 11 different accounts to bid up their own auction...most of the large jumps are due to auto-bidding and atm the min set is $5 so each auto bid id jumping the auction $5.....Ex Joe's starting Bid is $100 his max bid is $130...The auction would show 1 bid $100....Kari decides to bid her starting bid is $101 and her max bid is $129...The auction now reads 2 bids and $130. Ebay will automatically make the next bid for the highest max bid and only show it as 1 new bid. For instance that auction actually has over 50 bids on it by 11 users...ebay is only counting 37 bids.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=151611741417&showauto=true

Because fraud is FRAUD no matter how many lies you wrap it in BLACKBIRDS13.
Word of mouth is a precious commodity when it comes to dealing with chickens sellers who unethically and obtusely deal with paying customers who only wish a 'fair' shot at not getting screwed. What topic did you wish to discuss? Bring something to the table of discussion. You can see that given an opportunity...people can discuss a whole many things relating to this breed.
Ex.
Hey everyone,
I got a batch of Cemani chicks that per the breeder could potentially be pure or crossed.
So, here is my question...

The only pullet I even considered to be possibly CemXCem was the first to lay and it is the 1st egg on the left. My other two 'obvious' crosses laid the other two.
I would like to garner any knowledge that I am correct in thinking that since she laid the correct color egg, odds are she is not an outright cross like her sisters?

My pullet...a few months back...
Any input will be gratefully appreciated
TIA...
See, that wasn't so hard.
Thanks Cemani Peops.
I appreciate all of you.
That would be my guess as well but maybe someone else will chim in on the pure/not pure
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
im not sure if it would be a cross...the chick from ebay feather lover farms....says she gets those two color eggs...she even states that if you dont like the fact that there is colors then dont buy....and i think this is a great forum...like mentioned above you really get to see/know the good breeders and people point out the questionable breeders ...gff says they lay cream colored eggs...thanks for the input on the bidding part to...good to know if i ever put pheasant or peafowl eggs on there...

Knock it off guys! My pair of PURE Ayam Cemani obtained directly from Toni-Marie Astin has produced just about everything under the sun. Yes, feather color leakage, yes, a few pink combs, yes, some green legs, and yes, even a few with feathered legs. So stop jumping to conclusions that you're oh so knowledgeable about what's pure and what's not until you've been breeding a couple years and have hundreds of chicks under your belt to know without a doubt that you know what you're talking about and not just blowing steam out your rear, and while there is some fraud going on, not everybody selling is a scammer. It's ticking me off that so many people are spending so much time dissing everyone else, trying to destroy the reputation of everyone else. It's going on both here on BYC and on FB. If you don't like what's being offered, then don't buy them. If you have proof of fraud by all means share. But please stop making accusations without evidence. I would like to be able to share my breeding experiences, successes and failure, but to do so in this current warlike atmosphere would be committing internet suicide. Can we all please get back on topic of improving the breed? And before you go dumping on me and my birds, remember that my original pair came directly form TM, and if you accuse me of having mixed breed or being dishonest, then you are accusing her. And FWIW, culling hard does make a difference. My F2s are nearly as good as my GFF line now. F3s I can focus more on size and conformation.

Knock it off guys! My pair of PURE Ayam Cemani obtained directly from Toni-Marie Astin has produced just about everything under the sun. Yes, feather color leakage, yes, a few pink combs, yes, some green legs, and yes, even a few with feathered legs. So stop jumping to conclusions that you're oh so knowledgeable about what's pure and what's not until you've been breeding a couple years and have hundreds of chicks under your belt to know without a doubt that you know what you're talking about and not just blowing steam out your rear, and while there is some fraud going on, not everybody selling is a scammer. It's ticking me off that so many people are spending so much time dissing everyone else, trying to destroy the reputation of everyone else. It's going on both here on BYC and on FB. If you don't like what's being offered, then don't buy them. If you have proof of fraud by all means share. But please stop making accusations without evidence. I would like to be able to share my breeding experiences, successes and failure, but to do so in this current warlike atmosphere would be committing internet suicide. Can we all please get back on topic of improving the breed? And before you go dumping on me and my birds, remember that my original pair came directly form TM, and if you accuse me of having mixed breed or being dishonest, then you are accusing her. And FWIW, culling hard does make a difference. My F2s are nearly as good as my GFF line now. F3s I can focus more on size and conformation.
hu.gif
The topic had already changed to answering Hughess's question about her pure or not pure birds and their eggs. Not exactly sure what comments your aimming your post at directly, we all know very well not all chicks come out black....but lacking some black and entirly pink skinned birds is two different things, also random leg feathers popping up is a fairly sure sign they were crossed with some thing else recently. Anyhow....Sunday was goregous here so i hope everyone starts laying again.

Back
Top Bottom