The American Paint Silkie

My paint rooster and my white chick that I'm hoping is a girl!!

Hi everyone. First time posting on this thread so forgive my ignorance. I have noticed recently that one of my white silkie hens has one black spot on her. The feathers are black down to the base and the spot is smaller around than my pinky. She was a silver based white as a chick. Does this mean she is a paint? I did not notice any paints at the breeders farm. But he did have a black roo. I am not good at genetics and am trying to learn but it kinda jumbles my brain :). Thanks for any help. Just trying to decide how to split groups up in the spring.

Hi everyone. First time posting on this thread so forgive my ignorance. I have noticed recently that one of my white silkie hens has one black spot on her. The feathers are black down to the base and the spot is smaller around than my pinky. She was a silver based white as a chick. Does this mean she is a paint? I did not notice any paints at the breeders farm. But he did have a black roo. I am not good at genetics and am trying to learn but it kinda jumbles my brain :). Thanks for any help. Just trying to decide how to split groups up in the spring.

Can you post a picture of her?

Back
Top Bottom