The American Paint Silkie

Pics
Quote:
love.gif
If only we had them here...

Hi
I am glad to find this thread
I bought some chicks from Judy last summer, I have lost her email would love to have contact info on her... I have BObo & peanut & I bought a few others..... I did not buy any of the paints ( well ones that showed paint ) but my one white hen from her is giving me some colors, I have hatched out 3 eggs so far and none are white ( she is paired up with a sq white roo )

1st egg did not make it out

this is the 2nd egg hatch a few days ago

67666_white_spotted_002.jpg

these hatched today

67666_spotchicks_002.jpg

is there a chance this hen will put out paints even though she does not show paint herself??

I have more eggs to hatch in 10 days or so

So my first chicks hatched today from my paint/blk silkies.
I got 2 partridge and 1 blue. Was keeping my fingers crossed for a little spotted one but maybe next batch.
Does anyone no if you get more old ball colors with paint to paint or paint to blk??
I will post some pics when they dry out.

Quote:
white x white is giving you colours, not whites?

One or the other is dominant white; that is the only explanation I can think of (or a pure silver, kind of like a bugg, but silver not gold--ARE there any like that?)

This has me intrigued.... I may have to find me a pullet or some hatching eggs. I think my white roo would do well for these guys. Love watching what you guys are discovering with the genes as you hatch though, great info!!!

Have hatched over 50 chicks from my (DUTCH) paint to paint matings thus far this year. 65% are paint, 25% are black with white markings, wing tips and shank feathers, others solid white. After I hatch anyother 25 or so (have that many eggs in the incubator, plus another 15 waiting to go in) I plan on mating my 6 paint hens to White American Show Girl Males. Should prove interesting.

Back
Top Bottom