The American Paint Silkie

Quote:
I apologize to keep asking so many questions, but: Are the spots painted on the top and white at the shaft or does the black go all the way to the shaft? Is it two colors on one feather or just one color?

Quote:
I apologize to keep asking so many questions, but: Are the spots painted on the top and white at the shaft or does the black go all the way to the shaft? Is it two colors on one feather or just one color?

The feathers are either entirely black or entirely white, not a mix of the two.

Quote:

One colour per feather. HOWEVER, some of them have a "chocolate creme" "frosting" on hackles. I have a stunning one who is absolutely covered in the frosting--all his male pattern areas.

Quote:

One colour per feather. HOWEVER, some of them have a "chocolate creme" "frosting" on hackles. I have a stunning one who is absolutely covered in the frosting--all his male pattern areas.

That bird is gorgeous, I really love his coloring
smile.png

What is the skin pigment like on these? Are they Black all over or do they have Light patches? Sort of like a Cuckoo that have loss of Pigment throughout?

They remind me of paint horses:

paint_horse2.jpg

If you could some how increase the size and quantity of the painted spots, it would be so stunning!

Back
Top Bottom