The American Paint Silkie

I have found the same thing. I have birds that hatch white and 3 months later, they are spotting up. I've been holding back boldly spotted chicks and selling off the less spotted but reports are the less spotted, they change to well developed spots later.
Actually I've found the exact opposite with my blue paints. All my paints have been hatching out white and then develop spots as they get older. The blue paint roo I posted that is loudly marked hatched out completely white and developed spots as he aged. I'm not talking about a 1 year old bird being white and then turning paint after a couple years but mine have been hatching out white and developing color in the grow out pens.

Same as Bethbug but I'm in Texas.
Does anyone in or near Texas have a paint roo they would like to rehome?? Less shipping stress for the bird. I have tried shipped paint eggs, twice, and only got 1 baby---a little white roo with a yellow beak! LOL Thanks

sorry to hear that.I've shipped eggs from maine to california and gotten 8/8 to hatch. now I can't say it will happen if I ship you eggs. I've never had any yellow beaked babies. since you had that problem, i wouldn't deal with the seller again, obviously some issues on their end breeding and shipping. I will say silkies in general are harder to hatch especially if you are dealing with vaulted skulls.

Does anyone in or near Texas have a paint roo they would like to rehome?? Less shipping stress for the bird. I have tried shipped paint eggs, twice, and only got 1 baby---a little white roo with a yellow beak! LOL Thanks

Brenda Gambill (the president of ASBC) is in Paradise TX, and I think is the first to get the Paint color over here to the US.
brensbirdsofparadise.com
[email protected]
I'm sure it won't be cheap, but you will get a nice bird. Maybe she has a pet quality.
Good luck!

Just to keep the record straight....Judy Lee from Tennessee had the first Paint Silkies and she still raises them.
Bren and Deb have had a big part in the Paints Silkies, and deserves credit as well.
Judys story is in the first several messages on this thread.
Thanks,
Cheryl

Thanks to all that replied for a paint silkie roo. I found one in Louisiana which is about 40 minutes away from me so I did not have to drive very far. Now I have to get him a few more black silkie hens. My lone black hen will probably run away if I don't!
smile.png

very nice...I have 4 paint chicks growing out at the moment...I sold my only black hen a while back as she wasn't as good quaility as I wanted...but kept three of her eggs as I had her in with my paint roo...I goot two paints and one black from them...the two paints are loudly marked and am hoping for some nice babies since the roo could balance out some of the imperfections she had...we will see...

very nice...I have 4 paint chicks growing out at the moment...I sold my only black hen a while back as she wasn't as good quaility as I wanted...but kept three of her eggs as I had her in with my paint roo...I goot two paints and one black from them...the two paints are loudly marked and am hoping for some nice babies since the roo could balance out some of the imperfections she had...we will see...
Do u have any pics of your chicks?

Back
Top Bottom