The American Paint Silkie

Pics
No, I took these pics at Judy Lee's place. My trio are all regular white/black paints with dark eyes and just a small amount of pink on the bottoms of their feet. I still haven't had a chance to get good pics....maybe Sunday.

To be clear, she doesn't get a large percentage of odd birds...probably less than 10%.

My only lav pullet has been laying for about a month now and I have my first few eggs from that pen (lav roo and pullet and 3 gorgeous black pullets) in the incubator now. I'll put another couple dozen in at the end of next week and hope for a higher fertility percentage. Will probably only have chicks for a few months.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes, but this bird has weak black. I hope to strengthen the black for a good calico. The paint does also pass blue marks on some birds, so I have some blue paint. The marks stay on the same location through a molt and don't really change with age/molt.

It is a very interesting phenomenon, and I'll be debuting my birds this summer, I think. Glad to absorb this info, though, as it helps me with mine.

Chooks Chick, your pm in box is full ....Can you please take a look see???? TRying to write you and Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry- massive overflow because my platinum feather expired, but I'm too broke to renew it right now- terrible financial challenges!

PP'd you!

Hello all, was just looking around the forums and found this thread and looked through it. I myself am not interested in anything to do with Silkies, just not for me, just the actual Paint color itself. Its a very striking and almost classic color. Was just wondering, if it is determined by someone that the paint gene actually does exist, does this in return mean that this color could be bred into other breeds such as OEGB, Orpingtons, etc? GREAT thread here, alot of very intersting talk and chit chat.

~Casey

Ok I gotta show some pics of my paints that I have to work with.
So excited to get to work with this project!!!
34701_paints.jpg

34701_paint2.jpg

34701_paint.jpg

Lovely, Jen. Keep us posted on how they are coming. Mine are too young for babies yet, but probably in a month or so the boy should be starting to dance for the ladies. Here is a pic I took of him today....my daughter was holding him so you can't really tell much...except for his awesome foot feathering!!

9079_p1020001.jpg

True Acid! I have some gorgeous black girls waiting for him
wink.png
I'm going to go ahead and put him in with them tomorrow then I can tell if he is holding back because he is in with a little bit older cockerel right now...along with some girls. He may be trying to keep the peace...but I'm not sure of his age, so I really don't know.

Back
Top Bottom