The American Paint Silkie

Pics
My paint girls are laying!
wee.gif

They have a beautiful black boy in with them, and he seems to be doing his job so here's to hoping for paint babies soon!
celebrate.gif

seems someone reported my 'for sale' to the flock watcher, no problem, sold 13.
wink.png

In response to the question "what percentages can I expect" from paint to paint matings?
(these are uncontaminated dutch paints)
big_smile.png

My experience, and I have a 4 year record, paint to paint will result in 60% paint, 30% black and 10% white.

Last edited:
paints047.jpg

female's comb

paints048.jpg

female's toes

paints045.jpg

female's profile

to the American Standards some may say these are culls, to the Eurpoean Standard they're show quality, to each his/her own.

paints051.jpg

Joe17 visited today and took home the pick of the flock, along with 8 just layed eggs

paints050.jpg

he seemed impressed with the quality, but I'll let him tell you about it

paints049.jpg

a parting shot of half the flock

Quote:
Thanks again Mr. Jerry! I will post pictures of her in her brand new coop. Their feet and comb are really great. American silkies just take this to the extreme with the huge crests and wide cushions. The coloring is getting better and better with paintxpaint matings. Although their crests seem small, they are pretty proportional to the size of the body. I can't wait to start hatching some half American half Dutch offspring.

Quote:
Thanks again Mr. Jerry! I will post pictures of her in her brand new coop. Their feet and comb are really great. American silkies just take this to the extreme with the huge crests and wide cushions. The coloring is getting better and better with paintxpaint matings. Although their crests seem small, they are pretty proportional to the size of the body. I can't wait to start hatching some half American half Dutch offspring.

she is lovely bird

Back
Top Bottom