The American Paint Silkie

is anyone interested in trading paint hatching eggs? I have a paint roo over black, splash and white girls. my roo is like Sonoran Silkies champagne paint with that brownish hue. he also does not have many spots. I have eggs incubating due this weekend from this pen. I had a hatch of this roo with my splash silkie, all solid blues. with my splash sizzles, I have one sizzle that is getting spots and another solid blue. of my eggs that have not hatched, high % of spotted in the shell babies. hoping to have a much better hatch (different incubator) this weekend. I'd be looking for 6 eggs to trade. pm me.

Here are pictures of a paint trio that arrived today
big_smile.png
:
LL

LL

LL

LL

900x600px-LL-0822bf81_DSC_1188.jpeg

This is my first paint it hatched with one black dot on it's left shoulder some additional spots are showing up but seem to be all on the left side. Picture is blurry I took it with my phone.

Ok, I know this question has been asked before but here we go again.

I hatched out some chicks from two black hens and a paint roo. I hatched out paints, black and white chicks.

My question is, well there are several.

Are the blacks considered pure blacks? Meaning will I get 100 % blacks if I breed them together ? Or will I get mixed colors or paints if I breed them to each other? Same question about the whites?
Bred together white x white, will I get all whites?

So basically the question would be are they considered split to paint (I know they don't know enough know enough about the paints yet )

And then what about breeding a white offspring to a black offspring from the above chicks? Could you get paints with them ? White back to paint or black back to the paint parent?

So as you can see I'm a bit confused. I don't really have the room to experiment with this since I have only so many cages !! I hatched some very nice blacks and whites out of these pairs and wonder if I could or should ad them to my pure black and white breeding pairs ???? Don't want to do that if I won't get pure black and whites out of them.

Thanks for your input

Back
Top Bottom