The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

So far, Casey isn't a super-hero (she only fights her own battles). Even when Kaine goes after one of her brooder mates, they are on their own (Kaine has already proven himself superior to the other two, so he mostly leaves them alone now.)

We started our foot inspection and weigh-in program today. No severely bad feet, but the iodine does get used. I am including this here because now that the ducklings are in with the flock, I wanted to show where they rank as far as weight with the established members... from lightest to heaviest:

Entie: 3lbs, 13oz
Kaine: 4lbs - I was a little concerned when I saw this, but he is actually only 6oz lighter than he was last August before we started fattening them up. He spends a lot of time pacing in jail and running like crazy when he is out so this isn't out of the ball park for him, I was just remembering his fattened winter weight of about 5-1/2 lbs so at present, he actually doesn't outweigh Casey.
Dove: 4lbs, 2oz
Noir: 4lbs, 3oz
Casey: 4lbs, 4oz
Latte: 4lbs, 5oz

Mystique: 4lbs, 7oz
Tella: 5lbs, 5oz
Ettie: 5lbs, 8oz
Pocahontas: 5lbs, 12oz
Tevye: 5lbs, 14oz
Rhiannon: 5lbs, 14oz - just for a comparison, she was 5lbs, 13oz in August - Her heaviest weigh-in for the winter was 7lbs, 4oz - a regular fatty, but she is bikini ready for summer
gig.gif

Greta: 6lbs, 5oz
Roxette: 6lbs, 5oz
Allie: 8lbs, 9oz

Casey is at her expected adult weight. Latte should still grow to be close to the size of Greta and Roxette. Allie can stop any time or continue to grow to around 13.5 lbs - time will tell but I think she hit 8 lbs faster than Snow did and right now she is slender (for a Pekin).

Here is a pic from today with the "'lings" napping with Tevye. So far, he is the only one they seem to really like. No hard feelings between him and Casey. These 4 can be found together most of the time.

Tevye is big bro?They are beautiful

We started our foot inspection and weigh-in program today. No severely bad feet, but the iodine does get used. I am including this here because now that the ducklings are in with the flock, I wanted to show where they rank as far as weight with the established members... from lightest to heaviest:

Entie: 3lbs, 13oz
Kaine: 4lbs - I was a little concerned when I saw this, but he is actually only 6oz lighter than he was last August before we started fattening them up. He spends a lot of time pacing in jail and running like crazy when he is out so this isn't out of the ball park for him, I was just remembering his fattened winter weight of about 5-1/2 lbs so at present, he actually doesn't outweigh Casey.
Dove: 4lbs, 2oz
Noir: 4lbs, 3oz
Casey: 4lbs, 4oz
Latte: 4lbs, 5oz

Mystique: 4lbs, 7oz
Tella: 5lbs, 5oz
Ettie: 5lbs, 8oz
Pocahontas: 5lbs, 12oz
Tevye: 5lbs, 14oz
Rhiannon: 5lbs, 14oz - just for a comparison, she was 5lbs, 13oz in August - Her heaviest weigh-in for the winter was 7lbs, 4oz - a regular fatty, but she is bikini ready for summer
gig.gif

Greta: 6lbs, 5oz
Roxette: 6lbs, 5oz
Allie: 8lbs, 9oz

Casey is at her expected adult weight. Latte should still grow to be close to the size of Greta and Roxette. Allie can stop any time or continue to grow to around 13.5 lbs - time will tell but I think she hit 8 lbs faster than Snow did and right now she is slender (for a Pekin).

Here is a pic from today with the "'lings" napping with Tevye. So far, he is the only one they seem to really like. No hard feelings between him and Casey. These 4 can be found together most of the time.

Precious, precious relaxers all together on grass. I love them. Latte's coloring is gorgeous. That is a wonderful scene of softness.

@Tevyes Dad, your flock seems to be my flock's alternate dimension equivalent, lol. You have fifteen birds, and I will have about that amount once we cull the roosters. I will be moving in a month and plan to have a set up similar to yours where they have run of the backyard during the day (I think that's how yours are, right?). Any tips on keeping the yard looking decent with that many birds mucking about? Your grass looks so green and nice lol.

Back
Top Bottom