Announcement The Coop Page / Article Rating & Review Project!

Pics
If I hadn't done so much housework/cleaning Friday, I bet I would have breached the 100 mark! Hopefully, I will get there this weekend. Tomorrows not too promising for rating coops. One of the grandkids is having his 1st birthday! Plus, I still have 10 more meat chickens to butcher (out of 19). I'm not very fast at it. :oops:

As I am from UK we don't have restrictions on keeping hens or have to apply for permits. It makes me so sad to see some of the coops and runs that some people have made only to have to move them because of laws regarding keeping them. I know you must understand the zoning, but really, 4-5 hens in your back yard isn't really a big deal. Is it?

As I am from UK we don't have restrictions on keeping hens or have to apply for permits. It makes me so sad to see some of the coops and runs that some people have made only to have to move them because of laws regarding keeping them. I know you must understand the zoning, but really, 4-5 hens in your back yard isn't really a big deal. Is it?

Check the deeds to your house! I know quite a few folk who have restrictions on their houses. Often an inconspicuous part in them that states no livestock. ie - Pigs, cattle, chickens/poultry etc
I’m pretty sure though they don’t check up on a lot of people!
Also if you get above 50 birds you are meant to register with DEFRA for disease/welfare control.

I know about the defra for 50+ birds. I only have 20ish! When all the mortgage deeds went digital I got sent the original papers. I can't remember seeing anything in it about livestock though. There is someone about three streets away from me has a pony in their garden!

Back
Top Bottom