The coyotes are back

I read in a magazine or something that you can put a radio in your coop and the sound of human voices from the radio will deter predators and the chickens don't mind the sound. I have never tried that though

I read in a magazine or something that you can put a radio in your coop and the sound of human voices from the radio will deter predators and the chickens don't mind the sound. I have never tried that though

That's what my dad has done since I can remember....annoying radios on in every barn driving me nuts when I was little; never once had any coyotes bothering the lambs. He also had these boxes along the fence line; they were solar powered and made a weird clicking white noise sound at night. I'm not sure what they were called; I would have to ask him.

Never tried a radio in the coop, but my DH has been known to leave the radio on outside to deter raccoons too.

I honestly don't think it bothered the coons, but it sure helped with the coyotes when I was younger. Worth a shot anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom